World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
Can anyone of you knowledgeable anglers help me with this one?

I have bought a 24” landing net from a quite well known auction site. Thought I had quite a good deal. £9.99 inc post and packing and comes with 7m of cord. My problem is the way the 6 pieces of cord (3 x2, see picture) were attached to the main cord, which was part of one of the sides, was absolutely rubbish. It was basically a succession of granny knots with the only thing stopping it pulling through was that the end of each cord had a knot at the end. I took one look at it undid it all and am now left with 6 pieces of cord. I have also bought some thicker rope which I want to attach somehow to the 6 pieces of cord, hence my problem. I do not want another succession of granny knots, which basically all I can think of. If anyone can let me know the best way to attach the rope to the net it would be much appreciated. The length of the cords is only 18 inches so there is not that much cord to play with, the net diameter as I said is 24 inches.

Road surface Asphalt Grey Gas Circle

Asphalt Road surface Reptile Scaled reptile Serpent

Now I am not expecting to be pulling up double figure bass and 20lB + cod with it every session but I would like to have a little bit of faith in it and hope that if I ever do catch either of the above then it would do the job for which I bought it!

Many thanks in anticipation and I hope all the above makes some sense to you one way or another!!

·
Registered
887 Posts
Why not replace all 6 bits, with 3 of your own longer ones, tied equidistantly around the rim? Either tie a bowline or splice a loop in the end of each and pass the mainline through them all.

·
Landypirate
1,591 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now why didn’t I think of that!
Thanks a lot sounds good.
What type of knot shall I use to attach the main line to the 3 loops?

·
Registered
887 Posts
Well, either splice it on if you want it on there permanently, or use a bowline, there's a site called animated knots by grog that'll show you how...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts