World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a landlocked sea angler in Halifax, West Yorkshire, I was keen to look into joining a local club - you know, meet people, get some serious fishing in (or at least talk about it!) etc. Looked at the clubs section, tried to contact a couple of them through email - nothing except return notices from my ISP telling me that they couldn't deliver the emails.

So.....do they exist? Is the club list up to date? Anyone shed any light on the situation?

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Babyface,

Like yourself I live in the sticks (!.5 hrs) drive to the nearest coastline. I had the same problems as yourself. I e-mailed various clubs and so called contacts to no avail. In the end I put an advertisement in the Sea Angler Mag. and asked for people in similar circumstances to contact me. That was over 15 years ago, now there are about 10 - 15 of us, and although we have no club as such we meet regularly for fishing trips all over the South Coast.

There are 5 regulars that fish on a monthly basis and can be called upon at any time to make up numbers. Although I say it myself it has worked out fine for me.
If I can assist in any way please PM me.

Cheers

Drew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts