World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from a lovely days fishing on the boat off langland ,its the first time out this year for the boat and all my new electronic hardware i fitted over the winter,went to one of my usual marks on the incoming tide and we had 1 nice bream and a pile of dogfish,an hour after the tide turned i moved to a mark further out and we hit into huss,bream,dogfish,pollack and even a bonus codling!3 of us on the boat and we all caught, we hit dogfish alley in the first hour after moving and the crucial bait was my old favourite, razor and lug!i was surprised not to see more boats out there it was glorious conditions for fishing apart for my mate it was his first time afloat and he went a bit green.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Dog Hop nice to hear the bream are around already! we could be in for a good summer, will load an extra torpedo for the next time I see you off Langland!
blueskip

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahoy and avhast i prepare to repel all attempted boarding of my vessel and any attempt to sink her will result in an immediate scuttling of my ship, a short swim, a long cast and a long fishing session in attempt of more bream would probably ensue ! so as not to give away my marks ! .i'm in an orange and white vimar 465 with a canvas cuddy with a yamaha 40 on the back , and if my memory serves me well i'm on the lookout for an 18 foot boston whaler, or is it a tea clipper?keep me informed and i will keep an eye out! ahar.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Dog Hop, not quite, she is 14ft & a cross between a Dell Quay & a Boston Whaler, I think she is from a dory mould similar to the Orkney Dory, (she's a heavy bugger), red cuddy & sporting a 50hp Merc.
I will try to attach a photo, but I dont think I can get it down small enough, I will fiddle with the pixels!
blueskip

·
Registered
208 Posts
I went over to devon on the boat the weekend, heard loads of bream are coming off bull point over there " too 4.5lb on sunday", was hoping they would show here soon. looks like its time to get me spinning gear out! can't wait been dreaming of some breaming

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Doggy Hater, what sort of "ship" have you got that can tackle "Baggy Pits" & go to Devon? You aint a "Birmingham Navy" merchant are you? Flying bridge, all swish & t**s, is that you eh?
blueskip

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just for anyone who is interested the bream we caught on sunday were 2 at 2 pounds and 1 at just under 2.5 pounds on similar marks last summer we had bream a tad over 3.5 pounds, but the fun part was they were all caught on very light gear as it was such a small tide and my biggest fish of the day was caught on my boys 3 foot trout rod which i made an ad-hoc rig with some bendy hooks and bits of squid and just about managed to haul in a small huss!but my mate last year bought a whippy rod from mainwairings for 18 quid and he just spends the whole time laughing at the rod bending when he hooks into anything "best bit of tackle i ,ve bought"is his constant yell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've just bought a small boat to fish off Swansea. Unfortunately I've not fished the area for years have you got any GPS marks that we could try out for bass or bream. thanks

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Jigajig, listen very carefully, I will say this only once!! There is a limit to this "mateyness" & you are pushing it to the limit!
Bream 51 33 225 04 00 360
Bass 51 31 147 04 00 051
Read these, commit them to memory, then eat the evidence!
blueskip

·
Registered
17 Posts
blueskip said:
Jigajig, listen very carefully, I will say this only once!! There is a limit to this "mateyness" & you are pushing it to the limit!
Bream 51 33 225 04 00 360
Bass 51 31 147 04 00 051
Read these, commit them to memory, then eat the evidence!
blueskip

Point taken. Information digested and very much appreciated. Hope I can return the favour!

JigaJig

·
Registered
208 Posts
blue, went over in the dads sailer, i've got a 20foot hardy but you will get to over if you speak nicely to the bank for a few years. i'm going over in july if you fancy a trip mate i'm hiting the reefs my ship mate. The only thing is if i hit the "glue pot" i many be there for a few days "wot a shame" . But the ciders good, doggy

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just looking at your pic blueskip i've seen you out in the bay fishing the small wreck before i'm sure, think it was last summer. must have been you

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Doggy, me fishing the Strombus! Never! must have been two other guys in a different boat, its a lie, I've never been near it! never caught any bream over it! never caught any big plaice just off it, nor any sole! Any further accusations could lead to a letter from my solicitor, who has never fished it either!!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
just wondering if its possible to catch the bream from the shore at langland and do they show further round into caswell or bracelet bay or are they to tightly shoaled?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Well I have caught smallish ones (up to 2lb) off the end of the Mumbles Lighthouse, but although I have fished other areas off the shore I have'nt caught them anywhere else,
I would have thought they could be caught off the "boiler" at Whiteshell, but nobody fishes with small enough hooks, they should be off Langland Point at High Tide but again do you use hooks small enough for them?
blueskip

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have been thinking about catching the bream from the shore aswell, think i will give it a try this year. As for blue skip i'm sure you have point why would anyone want to fish the strombus, i must be mad to make accusations like that see you in court mate or on langland outter when the boats back in.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
skip i've got a pass for sunday i'll probably go off the oyster and drop back in to langland at slack water any idea if the bass are showing at the oyster ledge? and are the sandeel at rogers/mainwairings? if so and the weathers permitting i suppose i'll have to book it quite early.are you going out ?

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
There is always a bass to be had off the oyster for anybody who wants to put the time in, its getting conditions good enough, for long enough! & when they are, its like "Muldoons Picnic" out there.
I have'nt asked Roger about sandeels as yet because I have'nt been out, but if they are available, he will have them.
I am desperate to get "The Skip" on the water but it depends on the forecast, it will probably turn for the worse by the weekend, but if it holds, move over in Langland!
blueskip

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i'm oiling the braid reel and my light spinning reel this evening in anticipation of good conditions , a couple of boys have said the weather could get better by sunday, so i'll hunt down the sandeels and defrost the razor!failing that i hear your a regular at the strombus? so if the weather turns, you never know i might come and join you there!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts