World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
did'nt fancy fishing much last night but i had the bait and rob wanted to go,so got down there for about 6.45 to fish 2hrs in and 2 hours out.lug was the choice of baits.nothing happened for the 1st hour and then things went what i would describe as 'berserk'.rob started off with the first bass and as he was lifting it out of the water my rod keeled over and i was into a nice bass.from then on it was fishing heaven and at 1 stage i had'nt even put my rod in the stand before i was into another:) .in total i had 6 bass and rob had 5.all fish were between 37 and 43cm long(had a tape but no scales),maybe 2-21/2 lb.all fish were returned unharmed except for 3 because their guts came out with the hook:schmoll: .i also had what i think was a doggie but i've had 100's of doggies and this 1 felt differant,it was smoother to the touch and the spots on it were tiny,did'nt wrap itself around my hand either:g:

on the last cast rob had the bite of the night....2 little taps and then wallop,hell of a weight which then tugged his rod downwards,could'nt move it then it bit through his line....gutted.

best nights fishing i've ever had,and i'm deffo going back there.i'took some piccies but not good quality and then my battery went flat on my fone,but i'll put them on anyway.still buzzing now:)

all fish caught on 1/0 hooks with a single lugworm.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have a good one mate. Have you tried peelers down there yet?
we fished on the beach there on wednesday evening and 1 of the boys was useing fresh peeler...i had the only fish of the night,a bass,on lugworm.will probably try a bit later on but the lug seems to be the bait at the mo:) .

G

·
we fished on the beach there on wednesday evening and 1 of the boys was useing fresh peeler...i had the only fish of the night,a bass,on lugworm.will probably try a bit later on but the lug seems to be the bait at the mo:) .
for peeps who dont no where this is there is a web cam on our web site click below scroll down to webcams:)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts