World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished from 9.30am till 2pm,
Sea state flat and gin clear, bait a few wraps of frozen.
Fish or bites none at all tidly squat, by 11am wet, blinking windy and chilly.

nobody else to be seen apart from a bloke who took it upon himself after he had waited for me to cast to tell me how dangerous i was swinging the lead like i did ? - strange thing was he walked parrallel across the shingle to me, he was on the next beach to my left which was considerbly lower than the beach i was fishing from so it would of been impossible to of hit him, had he of walked past or been behind me i would not of cast but he waited at the foot of the steps, all i am going to say on the matter is we had a few words with each other, 10 mins later still in a rage i packed up and went home.
I have often seen this guy walking along the beach usually doing exercises or jumping over the groynes - tall guy with glasses - be aware be very aware:crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
fished from 9.30am till 2pm,
Sea state flat and gin clear, bait a few wraps of frozen.
Fish or bites none at all tidly squat, by 11am wet, blinking windy and chilly.

nobody else to be seen apart from a bloke who took it upon himself after he had waited for me to cast to tell me how dangerous i was swinging the lead like i did ? - strange thing was he walked parrallel across the shingle to me, he was on the next beach to my left which was considerbly lower than the beach i was fishing from so it would of been impossible to of hit him, had he of walked past or been behind me i would not of cast but he waited at the foot of the steps, all i am going to say on the matter is we had a few words with each other, 10 mins later still in a rage i packed up and went home.
I have often seen this guy walking along the beach usually doing exercises or jumping over the groynes - tall guy with glasses - be aware be very aware:crazy::crazy:

yep,i first encountered the guy who is friends with streetlamps a year ago and ive seen him a lot since down there,be warned he knows all the current martial arts(apparently:whistling:drunk:) and he may well be related to andrew so take full care:whistling
shame about the fishing mate,sounds like seaford would do better at the moment,have you turned from green back to pink yet cos i found a load of torn clothes on the shingle earlier,all the best,craig

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'd like this but someone's nicked the f***ing like button again.... unlucky this time Steve but thanks for the report
cheers Salty - yes where's it gone ?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep,i first encountered the guy who is friends with streetlamps a year ago and ive seen him a lot since down there,be warned he knows all the current martial arts(apparently:whistling:drunk:) and he may well be related to andrew so take full care:whistling
shame about the fishing mate,sounds like seaford would do better at the moment,have you turned from green back to pink yet cos i found a load of torn clothes on the shingle earlier,all the best,craig
hello Craig, that was probably the material from my igloo, in a temper i flipped it out of the pebbles and ripped the material on one flap - made me even worse, like you i often see him and must be best part of 3 years he has never said a word to me - christ knows what his beef was today, he actually stood up on the platform at the top of the outlet and stood there staring at me with hands on hips - strange man.

·
Premium Member
25,757 Posts
For once I make no apologies at laughing at you Steve as I also hath fallen foul of the stare of the strange leaping man :crazy: ...cant remember blanking at same time mind :whistling

·
Registered
532 Posts
Hi Steve.

Glad I have not fished there for a while then, Odd folk around. was hoping for a decent breeze friday night, but xc weather has decided otherwise.

Roy

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For once I make no apologies at laughing at you Steve as I also hath fallen foul of the stare of the strange leaping man :crazy: ...cant remember blanking at same time mind :whistling
your bad bubbles - but if it was you i would of laughed too, as for the blank yes its been a while but it comes to us all at some point - thats what happens when you fish a challenging area as opposed a nursery / stock pond like pev bay :bye1::roll1:

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Steve.

Glad I have not fished there for a while then, Odd folk around. was hoping for a decent breeze friday night, but xc weather has decided otherwise.

Roy
its worth a go Roy beats sitting indoors - well just about at the moment lol.
Steve

·
Registered
532 Posts
Nice long tides this week Steve, so it's pump Thursday eve, and on the sand Friday eve. Think west of horses again for me, hope the whiting don't start to early

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Seriously,whitehorses ,this weekend,I would of thought whiting is just about all your going to get,its a weird old place whitehorses,lots of times in the past we have ended up there during a blow,yet I always feel I am fishing a nursery,there's never a great feeling when we fish w,horses ,mostly cos i have never done any good there for bigstuff ,plenty of littlebass when the surfs about.

Sent whilst trying to catch a bass

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seriously,whitehorses ,this weekend,I would of thought whiting is just about all your going to get,its a weird old place whitehorses,lots of times in the past we have ended up there during a blow,yet I always feel I am fishing a nursery,there's never a great feeling when we fish w,horses ,mostly cos i have never done any good there for bigstuff ,plenty of littlebass when the surfs about.

Sent whilst trying to catch a bass
hows things going Craig anything doing on the live baits ? Steve

·
Premium Member
25,757 Posts
your bad bubbles - but if it was you i would of laughed too, as for the blank yes its been a while but it comes to us all at some point - thats what happens when you fish a challenging area as opposed a nursery / stock pond like pev bay :bye1::roll1:
Damn where's that like button:laugh:

Is strange mind, I was bought up fishing the point/greenpath/Cambridge road etc but rarely try them now....hmmm :mellow:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Yep, I have also come across this groyne leaping man. Was practicing casting from the high tide mark at LP (it was low tide). I see this person walking along the low tide mark, he was a least 2 beaches to my left. I cast, he then proceeded to walk across and up the 2 beaches to my left in what could only be described as an absolute rage saying how I nearly killed him, despite my lead landing 220 odd yrds + directly in front of me. I laughed, gave him a few choice 4 letter words and promised him if he didn't move on my reducer would find a new home. I quite enjoyed the experience if I am honest :) !! Being 6.4' and 17 odd stone does sometimes have its benefits !

Hard luck on the fishing though, Steve.

·
Premium Member
25,757 Posts
We need our crazies... Puts me in my place though, my pitiful casting scared him enough to plant himself on beach directly in front of me and claim his right to evict me as a " nuisance".... In the absence of my reducer I resorted to using him as a rod rest....he did chunter well then ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn where's that like button:laugh:

Is strange mind, I was bought up fishing the point/greenpath/Cambridge road etc but rarely try them now....hmmm :mellow:
Hi Bubbs yes there is too much tide for your 3oz leads they dont hold bottom very well round that side but round the nursery you dont have to worry about lead do you ??
only kidding you Martyn, have to say though the tide has been pathetic round the bay for a while, the ebb pulls better but still pretty weak, dont really understand why this is when sometimes the ebb gives a real good account of itself even on a small non making tide but is pathetic on a 7m making tide ?
the wonders of nature.

·
Premium Member
25,757 Posts
Nature or all this messing about with the shingle Steve....all I can think is the bottom depth is varying so much its breaking it up, Is a shame I really cant remember a real good tide recently, pooped for a look earlier and its like the middle of summer....

3oz............................................. on a carp rod, way to much mate could explain the blanks some get :sneaky2:

·
Registered
588 Posts
The flood tide from White Horses to Normans Bay has been pants ever since the Marina was built. I remember as a kid the tide really used to rip through. Once the wall was put in it pretty much stopped. Probably explains why White Horses fishes better on the ebb. Tide also used to go out much further than it does now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts