World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all
first post for a while,but off to lanzarote in oct for 2 weeks just taking spinning/plugging rod and a few lures any info about area around peurto del carmen for fishing would be very much appreciated::fishing::fishing:

·
Registered
557 Posts
hi all
first post for a while,but off to lanzarote in oct for 2 weeks just taking spinning/plugging rod and a few lures any info about area around peurto del carmen for fishing would be very much appreciated::fishing::fishing:
Don't bother "just taking spinning/plugging rod and a few lures ". It won't work.
Read all the topic for Fuerteventura if you want to catch fish.
Watch out for no fishing signs in the harbour. Aruond PDC is too shallow for fishing. You'll be better off fishing from the pier in Costa Teguise and the rocks north north of the resort.

·
Registered
406 Posts
vlad is right!!

i go to fuerteventura regularly and always take my spinning rod with a few lures but only ever catch lizard fish which are just not worth the hassle.
if a telescopic spinning rod is all you can take then take some floats and small hooks ( size 12) and try for some boga or bream and then use one as livebait on a 4/0 circle hook (your not supposed to livebait though), your have much more success. your be frustrated spinning but will get more enjoyment with a float.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hello Steve,
I wrote something on the page before this one in 'Lanzarote august'.I've been living here for years and know the area.Fishing along the front is not so good,shallow although bass are being caught (small ones).Fishing in old town harbour not allowed,harbourwall unfortunately closed but south of PdC towards Puerto Calero are cliffs and you can walk(climb) down there,much deeper water.Early morning/late afternoon till dark the best,we've caught atlantic bonito and barracudas on 5-6'' plugs and metal and bucktail jigs.North of PdC towards airport waste of time.If you take only 1 rod take a spinning rod,guys here use 50-100gr.rated although a bassrod is enough.30lb.braid(can drop to 20) and (fluorocarbon)leader.With this rod you can also floatfish for bream etc.
Autumn is a good time,less wind(at the moment very strong wind N-NE)and not too many tourists and better for fishing.
Send me a PM,I can show you some places.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi jeroen
thanks for answering my question,I do a lot of shore fishing here in jersey but hav'nt done much in lanzarote except for last year
in playa blanca. Idont mind what i catch just a few hours on the shore
with a rod will do me fine:fishing:

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
hi jeroen
thanks for answering my question,I do a lot of shore fishing here in jersey but hav'nt done much in lanzarote except for last year
in playa blanca. Idont mind what i catch just a few hours on the shore
with a rod will do me fine:fishing:
Hi steve-m, jeroen is right the area he's told you to go is good i fish around this area a lot in november time, i take a spinning rod as i use it for float fishing as well ( which i seem to have more sucess at) take some bubble floats with you and some 4-6lb line cos the mullet are awsome on bread.
jeroen, have you ever tried spinning around elgofo area as i have been told its good for cudas, I desperatly need to crack this spinning jinx:cry: Im getting bored with mullet & bream.
steve

·
Registered
434 Posts
I've fished at the village El Golfo once but no succes.It's quite shallow but friends of mine have caught bass and spotted seabass in the shallows along the front using lures.Never any barracudas.Further north of El Golfo a path along the rocks but difficult acces to the rocks and high cliffs.Better is to the south of El Golfo towards Los Hervideros,deeper water and I've caught barracudas and bonitos there.Best places are from the Janubio saltflats to the south,near abandoned hotel and further south toward Playa Blanca.To reach those marks involves a 30min.walk,it's all bad dirttracks.Very deep water and big fish have been caught from the shore with spinninggear incl.amberjacks,dorado and even (I've been told)wahoo.The whole west-southwestcoast is the most dangerous place because of the swells coming in.Can be deadly.
Steve-M,if you just want to sit at the shore and catch a few fish there is a good place near the old town next to hotel Fariones.There's a small beach called Playa Chica with rocky outcrops on the left and right of the beach.On the right is a bar-restaurant Bar Playa,you can fish there from the concrete jetty.Popular with locals who catch bream,bogas etc.
and a while ago I landed a nice bluefish for an English guy caught on a live boga.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi guys
thanks for the replies,as me and the wife both like walking
im gonna try as many places as i can,i fish she sunbathes and
shops what more can you want on holiday.
Gonna bring some floats and a good mix of other tackle
and just enjoy myself.:sun:

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
I've fished at the village El Golfo once but no succes.It's quite shallow but friends of mine have caught bass and spotted seabass in the shallows along the front using lures.Never any barracudas.Further north of El Golfo a path along the rocks but difficult acces to the rocks and high cliffs.Better is to the south of El Golfo towards Los Hervideros,deeper water and I've caught barracudas and bonitos there.Best places are from the Janubio saltflats to the south,near abandoned hotel and further south toward Playa Blanca.To reach those marks involves a 30min.walk,it's all bad dirttracks.Very deep water and big fish have been caught from the shore with spinninggear incl.amberjacks,dorado and even (I've been told)wahoo.The whole west-southwestcoast is the most dangerous place because of the swells coming in.Can be deadly.
Steve-M,if you just want to sit at the shore and catch a few fish there is a good place near the old town next to hotel Fariones.There's a small beach called Playa Chica with rocky outcrops on the left and right of the beach.On the right is a bar-restaurant Bar Playa,you can fish there from the concrete jetty.Popular with locals who catch bream,bogas etc.
and a while ago I landed a nice bluefish for an English guy caught on a live boga.
Thanks Jeroen for the info on the west coast, I will have a go there the next time Im in lanzarote.
steve

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Hi Jerone, I will be back in lanzarote next month (november) to try the west coast for some cudas and jacks etc, what type of lures would you recomend this time of year, are red heads any good there, do you use a wire trace?
Thanks steve

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hello Steve,send me a PM when you come over,don't go alone to the marks on the westcoast.Bring proper shoes like hikingboots if you have them because most marks involve a 30min.walk and a bit of climbing down across lava.
Whole year round I mostly use plugs esp. the bigger rapala x-rap in sardine or mackerel colours,with those you can catch anything and being 43gr. they cast ok even against wind.1-2 oz.metal jigs are very good for bonitos(retrieved fast with jerks).And surfacelures,like the Halco roosta,yozuri surfacecruisers and roberts rangers.I've caught less with surfacelures,because here you catch mainly bluefish on the surface and with plugs also bonitos and esp. barracudas but a strike on a surfacelure is much more spectacular.I haven't used redheads but they should work as well.A very good lure during the day is the maria angel kiss transparent(pearl),bigger version 27gr.
I never use a wire trace,don't like it and I've never had bite offs,I just use a 4-5ft. 50lb fluorocarbon leader.

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
Hello Steve,send me a PM when you come over,don't go alone to the marks on the westcoast.Bring proper shoes like hikingboots if you have them because most marks involve a 30min.walk and a bit of climbing down across lava.
Whole year round I mostly use plugs esp. the bigger rapala x-rap in sardine or mackerel colours,with those you can catch anything and being 43gr. they cast ok even against wind.1-2 oz.metal jigs are very good for bonitos(retrieved fast with jerks).And surfacelures,like the Halco roosta,yozuri surfacecruisers and roberts rangers.I've caught less with surfacelures,because here you catch mainly bluefish on the surface and with plugs also bonitos and esp. barracudas but a strike on a surfacelure is much more spectacular.I haven't used redheads but they should work as well.A very good lure during the day is the maria angel kiss transparent(pearl),bigger version 27gr.
I never use a wire trace,don't like it and I've never had bite offs,I just use a 4-5ft. 50lb fluorocarbon leader.
Hi Jereon, thanks for that info, I will pm you later before i leave uk, steve.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Hi, just got home from PDC today. Me and me m8 fished playa chica a few times catching mainly mullet and a few other colourful species inc garfish on bread. Did a lot of snorkelling as well, saw some decent mullet up to 3lb at least, as well as bass and all the other bream type species. Yesterday we actually saw a baitfish shoal getting hit on the end of the right hand rocks, the first and only time we saw that all week so i guess success with lures here would be few and far between. 1 tip i can offer is to try legering bread once in a while, all the bigger mullet were on or close to the bottom while the smaller 1's were on top going crazy for the bread being thrown in. Me m8 hooked a missile yesterday morning but lost it trying this.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi Jeroen
As I said last week, will be there from this Saturday.
Have followed some of your tips and bought a Rapalla Max and Maria Angel. Will let you know how I get on.
But whatever, can't wait to get back on the rocks.
Anyone wanting a ride out to fish, give me a ring - 07752830693
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts