World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody live/lived out ther?
moving out at the end of april and wondered if ther wher any
sea angling clubs i could join? or failing that what ar the target species off the shore?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, I live in Playa Blanca. Sorry I can't help with specifics of species (yet) - I'm just learning the ropes having picked up a rod after many years! But I might be able to help with other local knowledge.

Not seen any clubs I'm afraid...

Whereabouts are you moving too?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to all.
Geffaz I am moving to Lanz on Apr 18th too, where abouts are you going to? Im staying in costa teguise.

Well... basically my reason for posting here. Last night I thought well when I go I would like to do some sea fishing, will keep me out of trouble and what better place really to do it. I stumbled across this cool site and I have noticed a few people have either been to Lanz or are in Lanz, so have read some good stuff.
Well I used to fish a bit when I was younger for carp and bream but as for sea fishing I've never tried it.
What kit should I buy for a start off? Im not wanting to spend a fortune on kit because money is tight for the actual move. then again I dont want a rod and reel that I couldn't catch a plastic bag on. I was thinking about a telescopic rod at first, just for transporting to different locations and again for the actual move.
Should I just get one of these starter kits things you can buy and see how I go from there? Is there any good tackle shops out there or am I best to get most of my stuff from here?
As for advise on how to set my line up I'll ask that later.
Cheers for any help. Marc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Like you, I'd only done freshwater fishing as a boy. But having moved here thought it would be criminal not to fish... Bought my rod from a local tackle shop. A telescopic - which does make a lot of sense here because you will spend a lot of time clambering over rocks....

·
Registered
21 Posts
I paid around €40 for a telescopic rod and reel and it is of resonable quality. Of course, it's the budget end and you can spens a lot more. But I thought with returning to fishing - I go for the cheaper end first just until I'd built up my enthusiasm for the sport again...

·
Registered
21 Posts
anybody live/lived out ther?
moving out at the end of april and wondered if ther wher any
sea angling clubs i could join? or failing that what ar the target species off the shore?
Just stumbled on this ad if you're still loking: Fishing Club – meets every month 9 p.m. to 6a.m. Next to the Alegranza Restaurant on the road from Macher to Puerto del Carmen. Tel 82 50 65 Fax 51 30 65 for more details.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts