World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a big fan of mustard Chinu, fabulous as the top hook on a pennel, but they only go up to 5/0 , amazingly cheap as well. Does anyone know of a decent short shank ( doesn't have to be Chinu) in 6/0 or above?
I know Cox and Rawl do them but they are really expensive, want something inexpensive, but obviously decent.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Mustad demon circles VMC circles razor claw circles eagle claw circles all good hooks octopus owner Gamakatsu the list goes on and on

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, have been looking through the recommendations, some are to me too expensive, some don't go big enough but these look good, any one used them, not sure if they are up to Huss and ( realistically strap) Conger?

-Octopus live bait E100 if it doesn't come up

·
Registered
5,476 Posts
The sakuma top gun is heavy gauge and comes in 6/0 but you'll need to check as one firms 6/0 is another 3/0

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Same as Jackjock for the top guns ,everyone I use one as top hook it always hooks nicely in the jaws .

Also worth a look at the catfish hooks, very strong and thicker gauge, the 2/0 is similar gape to a 4-5/0 big mouth pattern the 6/0 are like 8/0 maybe bigger

1 - 11 of 11 Posts