World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have put a new axle on my trailer and need two of these round u bolts to put the keel roller back on the new one.Cant find them anywhere.does antone know where i can get them?Also,should the boat sit on the keel roller all the time?the way the rollers are set up at the momment the boat only comes into contact with the keel roller during launch and retrieve.is this ok or would it be better to share the weight onto it all the time while on the trailer?

Attachments

G

·
Have put a new axle on my trailer and need two of these round u bolts to put the keel roller back on the new one.Cant find them anywhere.does antone know where i can get them?Also,should the boat sit on the keel roller all the time?the way the rollers are set up at the momment the boat only comes into contact with the keel roller during launch and retrieve.is this ok or would it be better to share the weight onto it all the time while on the trailer?
Also known as Binelli clamps. Most motor factors can supply at a fraction of the cost of marine chandlers. I have made a few up from threaded s/s rod in the past - with some help from my oxy-acetylene, when the factors' u-bolts weren't long enough. And yes, share the weight.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
That looks like an exhaust clamp to me, try an exhaust place for replacements. http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=ROAD&pcode=AGLECL42

Is your trialer made from circular section steel rather than rectangular or square stock?

Completely agree, spread the load, the more points of support the less the rollers will flatten out over time, the easier the launch and less stress on the hull itself whilst trailing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts