World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone out there would like a chance of a smut this year, this week is prob the last cahnce to get one. im off to selsey west beach tuesday 07/06/2005 aming to try a get there about 8pm, hw 23.37 4.3mtrs wind 7mph NE no rain (so met office tells me ) !!!!!! the more the merrier hope to see some of u there.....

·
Registered
235 Posts
Been down fishing there tonight the hounds are there mate had 3 best 10lb but the weed is a real pain good luck would join you but back at work.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hi mate, do you think the hounds will be there still an saturday, as it is the only time i can get down and would like to bag a couple.
What bait(s) and rig should i use?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the hounds should be there on sat nite but the weed will prob be there to.
i use a 1 hook pulley rig with size3/0 kamasan best bait peeler or hermit best time 2hrs b4 hw to 2hrs after.
Hope this helps tight lines.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You should be able to buy them close to you as we are getting them sent to local angling shop "Solent tackle" from kent and surrounding area would suggest you dont cast until 30 mins b4 hw as the weed is a nightmare down there,as the tide slowes towards hw it stop dead but thee only prob is smuts go off feed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Bring your own bait from were you live m8 raycrafts bait is not what you call good i get mine fromsouthern angling in chichester good luck for satarday.

V

·
0 Posts
tried pagham today to kill a couple of hour's(13.50-ish h/w)weed killed me,is there ever an end to it.!!!!?????? :mad: :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts