World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while since my feet were on a beach near a fishing rod.

The ting invasion in the south put me off trying for a last gasp sole there. I thought to try the Norfolk sand for one before the crashing waves of winter put paid to the idea totally.

Sea state was calm on arrival, just a 6 inch wave lapped the edge.

I was covering the angles with lug, crab and mack. Crab was launched high and far as was mack. Lug was loaded on my trusty 3 boom rig and dropped behind the breakers.

I had nothing at distance. Baits were coming back intact and untouched after 30 mins.

The close in rod was a different matter. It didn't stop.

First cast produced a double shot of a 38cm schoolie and a dab. Next cast found a 43cm bass.

I returned them all.

As the session progressed the weed built up and I began to wish I hadn't returned the sizeable bass. seeing as it was the first one this year I could legally take. Still more green dabs coming but no more bass. I was thinking of tonight's dinner plate. The space for the fish fillet looking empty and forlorn in my minds eye.

As the tide slowed before reversing the inevitable tings turned up. All undersized. Thankfully they were not in plague proportions.

I did put a live bait rig at range but the tings let me down. When I retrieved it 40 mins later to see why the tip was not nodding. The bait was still on but no tings.

As the tide built up on the flood, weed was dragging the close in rod out of position. The weed appeared as if by magic. There was no sign of it earlier.

Where ever it came from it did me a favour. As the rig was moved across the bed dabs were pouncing on the baits.

Seems bass like a bit of bait movement too. A 48cm fat one nailed the middle hook and was duly landed. This one did not get a lucky break like the others.

Not a bad session, 8 till midnight ish. Final tally was 3 bass, 9 dabs, 3 tings and a weever. The sole eluded me. Most of the dabs were green and the tings were under size. Two of the bass were sizeable

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blimey boi, a catch report, you feeling alright? :laugh:

Well done Jeff, nice Bass. How was your dinner? I've been dining like a king on them delicious Plaice. :geek:
I think the recent night shifts have given me a funny turn boi :D.
Fresh Plaice sounds great, the bass was lovely. I grilled it with a slice of butter and fresh herbs served with roast vegetables.

Nice one chap and nice to meet you the other night
Nice to meet you too. Always good to put names to faces.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Nice fishing and a nice fish, enjoy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts