World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Fished Hove beach up near the lagoon last night from 8.30 - 2.30 and had a pretty unsuccessful night. Tried every available bait going and found that Lug and Crab got us a few bites over the high water but we failed to connect with anything. Not a touch on whole squid baits from Mr.Bass either. Shame....it looked perfect for it!!

Amazing night to be out though, lovely and still, full-moon-tastic! Had a very tame fox sat with us all night too. Still.....thats one session closer to landing a lunker!!

Sam.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Hi all,

Fished Hove beach up near the lagoon last night from 8.30 - 2.30 and had a pretty unsuccessful night. Tried every available bait going and found that Lug and Crab got us a few bites over the high water but we failed to connect with anything. Not a touch on whole squid baits from Mr.Bass either. Shame....it looked perfect for it!!

Amazing night to be out though, lovely and still, full-moon-tastic! Had a very tame fox sat with us all night too. Still.....thats one session closer to landing a lunker!!

Sam.
Beaches in front of the lagoon are known as the local desert...best avoided..:)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Was it you I spoke to around 9? I had a popper and was complaining that the water was too dirty for lure fishing. I'm surprised it turned out so poor as it looked so promising. Especially as Shoreham beach fished OK.

I fished behind deep sea anglers in the Winter a couple of times but only had rockling; but a guy I met there said it was his favourite spot and he caught quite a few Bass out in the autumn. Do you rate any other spots on Hove beach any better Hot Wad?

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Was it you I spoke to around 9? I had a popper and was complaining that the water was too dirty for lure fishing. I'm surprised it turned out so poor as it looked so promising. Especially as Shoreham beach fished OK.

I fished behind deep sea anglers in the Winter a couple of times but only had rockling; but a guy I met there said it was his favourite spot and he caught quite a few Bass out in the autumn. Do you rate any other spots on Hove beach any better Hot Wad?
Yes i do...(.right of hove street groyne to deep sea anglers groyne) years of match results and extensive pleasure fishing have
shown that the 6 pegs (4 infront of the west end cafe...2 to the right )are the consistent general purpose bottom fishing pegs..given standard conditions....the exceptions being ..well coloured water...proper surf ..swell which can put fish all along and level the venue somewhat (but i'd still prefer one of those 6 anyday).A good look along on a nice big tide makes an interesting read....location of sand bars...breaks in bars ,shallowing off effect inside the sand bar ...if you must fish that stretch ..head for a tried and tested peg.....went down for a look myself last night...funny looking tea colour...mmmmm:)

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Yes i do...(.right of hove street groyne to deep sea anglers groyne) years of match results and extensive pleasure fishing have
shown that the 6 pegs (4 infront of the west end cafe...2 to the right )are the consistent general purpose bottom fishing pegs..given standard conditions....the exceptions being ..well coloured water...proper surf ..swell which can put fish all along and level the venue somewhat (but i'd still prefer one of those 6 anyday).A good look along on a nice big tide makes an interesting read....location of sand bars...breaks in bars etc....if you must fish that stretch ..head for a tried and tested peg.....went down for a look myself last night...funny looking tea colour...mmmmm:)
Hot Wad

Thank for this, let me check I understand you. For the stretch from Hove Street to Deep Sea Anglers (about 1km) the best 6 pegs for general fishing are the region in front of the west end cafe?

Oh and where is the west end cafe? The only sea front cafe along that stretch is that I know of is the Babylon Lounge.

Thanks

Judge

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Hot Wad

Thank for this, let me check I understand you. For the stretch from Hove Street to Deep Sea Anglers (about 1km) the best 6 pegs for general fishing are the region in front of the west end cafe?

Oh and where is the west end cafe? The only sea front cafe along that stretch is that I know of is the Babylon Lounge.

Thanks

Judge
Babylon lounge...used to be called west end cafe ....west end of the prom.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Oh and the black digging down the wish road end (when tides permit )is ok....won't hit too much rock....:secret:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Judge, If there were two of us fishing just past the beachfront houses then that was us allright! Small world eh! Nice to meet you!

It just was'nt to be our night though, the chances we did have were messed up good and proper, we were a little too eager on the rods after hours of inactivity and should have probably let the bites develop a bit more. Theres always next time though!

I've often done alright at that mark over the years, usually always produced a few, nothing spectacular though.

I'll be certain to try in front of the cafe on HotWads recommendation though, it's always worth a bash.

Maybe we'll bump into you again sometime.

Cheers,

Sam.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Hi Judge, If there were two of us fishing just past the beachfront houses then that was us allright! Small world eh! Nice to meet you!

Cheers,

Sam.
So it was you that was fishing there. I was having a pleasant beer or two in the Deep Sea Anglers club. Before you arrived around, there was also a guy wading up to his chest around 7 p.m. ish out there, firing a lure out but, too no avail.

I have to admit, i have not seen many fish pulled from that part of the beach and most schoolies and the odd decent bass usually come up closer to the Babylon Lounge - that area does yields the occasional flounder and plaice though (occasional meaning I have had two plaice and three flounder from their in the two years since I restarted sea fishing!) Talking of which, I did see another guy with his son packing their stuff into a white van in between the King Alfred and the Babylon lounge also around 7ish. Maybe if they are on the site they can provide an update on their area of the beach.

Regards

Andy
:notworthyMember of SAS:notworthy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts