World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Was it you I spoke to around 9? I had a popper and was complaining that the water was too dirty for lure fishing. I'm surprised it turned out so poor as it looked so promising. Especially as Shoreham beach fished OK.

I fished behind deep sea anglers in the Winter a couple of times but only had rockling; but a guy I met there said it was his favourite spot and he caught quite a few Bass out in the autumn. Do you rate any other spots on Hove beach any better Hot Wad?

· Registered
1,915 Posts
Yes i do...(.right of hove street groyne to deep sea anglers groyne) years of match results and extensive pleasure fishing have
shown that the 6 pegs (4 infront of the west end cafe...2 to the right )are the consistent general purpose bottom fishing pegs..given standard conditions....the exceptions being ..well coloured water...proper surf ..swell which can put fish all along and level the venue somewhat (but i'd still prefer one of those 6 anyday).A good look along on a nice big tide makes an interesting read....location of sand bars...breaks in bars etc....if you must fish that stretch ..head for a tried and tested peg.....went down for a look myself last night...funny looking tea colour...mmmmm:)
Hot Wad

Thank for this, let me check I understand you. For the stretch from Hove Street to Deep Sea Anglers (about 1km) the best 6 pegs for general fishing are the region in front of the west end cafe?

Oh and where is the west end cafe? The only sea front cafe along that stretch is that I know of is the Babylon Lounge.

Thanks

Judge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.