World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran out of the Hamble with my mate Mike at slack HW this morning. After battling the fog (thank God for radar) we drifted for bass at the Needles without joy.

So ran a few miles offshore and had plenty of fish for ninety minutes then it died. Moved to another mark which turned out to be a wise move. We had a huge variety of fish with little time to relax. It’s the only day this week I haven’t needed to discuss Brexit!

Conditions were perfect (post the fog). We ended up with mackerel, scad, red gurnard, blonde ray, undulate ray (best was 12lb), smooth hound, tope (to 15lb), thornback ray, conger, dogfish, squid and the best of the bunch was a massive bull huss. It was properly pxssed at getting caught and did its best to bite Mike. We reckoned 15lb ish but threw it back rather than faff around weighing it and dodging the stomach contents it was spitting at us!

Might be May 2019 before there are any more topless photo shoots on my boat.

Can’t wait for the whiting and cod to appear...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes Barry - the red face is testament to the suns rays. It was fantastic to be afloat on a day like today.

Don’t forget there’s always space if you fancy a day offshore.

Paul

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
Cracking days fishing Paul, wish I could get time off during the week

·
Banned
3,789 Posts
Very nice top Paul, ooops sorry I meant to say nice tope !!
Sounds like a great day out was had !!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Lovely day to be out Paul, sounds like one of those busy days where you don't know what's coming up next. There's nothing quite like an angry Bull Huss to scrape your skin, bite the fingers and empty it stomach all at the same time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts