World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,

i was dying to get out friday night so got home from workgrabbed my spinning rod and lures and made my way down to the ogmore estuary. having never waded out into the breakers i was looking forward to giving it a bash. Forgetting to add an hr onto the bbc tide times i cocked the tide up completely and had no joy in the three hrs as the tide dropped (surprise surprise).

Going home i was a little gutted as i couldnt believe i got the tide so wrong and i handnt caught in 4 sesh's.:wah:

Saturday night the other half suggested i get out of her way sunday so she could do some things to the house and wait for auto glass to come and fix her car window which had been broken into sat night. :clap2::yeah:

having no worm i decided to go to an area where id heard of maddies being dug and have a sesh looking for flatties as i have seen them taken here many times before.

i got there about 9 spend haalf hr digging and found plenty of worms. as i walked along to my spot, i noticed a large ball of news paper and playing the thoughtfull angler went to put it in the bin. to my surprise inside the paper was about £4 of king rag. no good down here from what iv been told but ideal scratching bait from the pier on light tackle if i was to blank AGAIN.

and guess what i did, it was a cracking day and although no fish were caught. i enjoyed sitting in the sun waiting for the movement of the tip that was enough for me but i still had these king rag and had been fishless for over a month.:fishing1::sun:

and to the last resort light tackle and a bit of sport on the lower ledge of porthcawl pier. first cast, 3 hook patternoster, size 2 hooks and a bit of rag on each. and finally i was bringing in whiting and pouting 2 at a time. fish ranged from 50mm in length to 200mm in length but it was some good sport i beat the blank and got back onto catching ways.

got home at 6.30 to a very very very clean house and a tub of afterson for my sunburnt face. :fishing:

·
Registered
506 Posts
nice to see someone enjoying what we have to hand!

Well donr on the perseverance!

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
Well done Chris, good to see you catching a few and not snapping any rods :thumbs:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well done Chris, good to see you catching a few and not snapping any rods :thumbs:
it was a cracking day yesterday martin and as said im glad to be back catching although they were ideal live bait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts