World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well hi all, hit the road up north west sound of mull area last week left hoose on monday night and had a few hours in loch leven which resulted in a few doggies, got the head down overnight in the car and over on corran ferry 8am, got to rock mark at 9am, tipped in a gallon of rubby and slung big bertha oot and set up lighter interest rod, doggies by the double, so switched to single hook and wire trace and cut them down too one a time, not a touch on big rod, than at 4.30 pm slung out a quarter side of mackie on lighter outfit and bang line gettin stripped at a rate of knots, picked rod up sayin to self bloody typical this happenin on lighter set up, had to apply drag as was running oot of line (30ibmain), felt a cracker of a fish and it was, yet again another skate on a size 4 kamazan thats 5 now on that set up (sigh), well managed to hang on for a couple of hours and then hook snapped, and quite frankly i was glad, cut trip short as I was exhausted and headed home, few days later met up with pete and met ian (pleased to meet ya) on leven beach for a wee flattie bash, fishing was tough but pleased to get a couple and left the guys to it and headed home after delivering petes heedlight, then decided on friday to try east nuek which resulted in a very poor sesh of only a couple of flounders, dunno but east coast floonders seem to be small and hard to come by this last month, anyway looking back over last week a lot of miles and not a lot of fish, suppose i should be happy with hookin up with a big boy, but that was a mistake, hopefully things pick up this next week but all in all thats fishin for ya, a few piccies from last week, tight lines all and take care for the coming cod season cheers the noo john

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ta lads not after skate last thing I need, landed one of them in feb/march fae the shore am efter summit sleeker and karl ma leg is still full of poison but hey ho cheers the noo ps only 30 feet of water karl !!! 45 at high

Attachments

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
sod law mate,you sit all day with the right gear with no action.then set up a general rod to stave off the boredom,and you end up hooking something big.you will get another one soon mate,you deserve it !
cheers rab

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Capt Rab Chaos ya ken the score if ya dinny try ya dinny get but looks like I might adapt that mega rig ya gave me awhile back for a template for a mark 17 floating rig as am not happy with the amount of wire due to the electrical field it must be causing, so may think different and go 50/50 with mega mono, unless i wrap insultating tape roond 20 yards of wire, as you can see am still thinkin ootside the box, cheers the noo, and Rab am not wanting another one of them !! that was number 9 I think from the shore and am fed up gettin smashed to bits and gear wrecked, think maybe am gonna have to move further north west into hellish country, and pete pure bonkers huh u aint ever gonna forget that night, anyways cheers the noo lads and stop thinkin aboot cod ya ken ya prefer wrasse bashin cheers the noo and tight lines

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.