World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone last winter i bought a pair of Pro-logic boots had 3 trips out of them and all the stitching split returned to my dealer and upgraded to the Wychwood thinsulate for £50 only had these for about a year and theyre spliting accross the bridge. Its a shame cause from the bridge up still brand new looking Not very happy cause they were very comfy and warm. So basicaly i wanna Know other peoples choices as i need a pair to Last at least a couple of winters all opinions are greatly appreciated . Cheers lunker

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Lunker,

Take them back and tell them that they did not do the job for which they were purchased. Even if you have had them for just over a year they should send them back to the manufacturer or importer for you. Never ever let a dealer get away with anything, after all it is you and I that keep their shops open. If you don't get satisfaction tell him that you will write to the fishing magazines and forums and expose him.

I had some trouble with a mail order tackle shop in Swansea a few months ago over postage charges, and when I threatened to expose their hidden charges to the magazines and fishing forums they soon paid up. Needless to say they have now altered their charges.

By the way, I use Derris Boots with an insulated lining for both charter and shore fishing.

Be Brave and of good Courage!!!

Cheers

Drew

F

·
0 Posts
Drew... How much do Derris boots cost?

I am trying to get more into shore fishing this year as i have mostly been a boat fisherman but i normally wear my thermal welly boots that i use for boat fishing. These are totally usless for shore/rock fishing and i was wondering what type of boots to get. I have heard that i should get ones with 'cleats' in them? I have no real idea what that means but i would really like some advice if possible.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Lunker/flounder_al

My Derris boots were around £50 when I bought them. They are completely waterproof but not breathable.

However!!! I have just found what could be the buy of the year.

When I arrived home from work this evening there was a shoe catalogue in the post. One of the items was a pair of Waterproof Boots, suitable for "Walking rocky shores" that have an Unconditional Guarantee!!!. I telephoned the company and asked what Unconditional Guarantee meant and was informed that it was as stated, Unconditional. If they fall apart even after 10 years or more they would replace them.

Their web site is http://www.hottershoes.com/hottersite/category/Mens_Boots/

My wife has dealt with this company in the past and has given them 10/10 for service.

Have a quick look and see what you think? I'm going to order a pair and give them a try. If they are as good as they say then we may have hit the jackpot.

If you contact them, Tel: 0800 525 893, please let me know how you get on.

You can phone me on 07775 844384 for a chat.

You can purchase crampons (I think that is what they are called) from from an Outdoor Climbing Shop. They fit over the soles of your boots and are supposed to stop you slipping. I have never tried them myself, perhaps some of the other lads have??.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi drew thanks for your interest in my question and i will definetly speak 2 my dealer during the week see what he can do. I agree they should have been up 4 the job. I also had a look at the link you sent me and e-mailed them with the same question about the unconditional guarantee still awaiting reply i'll let you know whats been said when i do hear. You are right about these boots, could be on 2 a winner and if you try them before i do please let me what you think. Also you showed interest in a question i asked on here a few weeks ago about a ABU 7000 red with level wind which had evenly bent downward feet, is this correct do you know. thanks again Drew, Lunker PS please dont let us hear youve tried your wifes hotter shoes ON THE BEACH, DONT WANNA KNOW LOL. ANY 1 ELSE GOT A REVIEW ON GOOD LONG LASTING BOOTS CHEERS

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Lunk,

I've had my Derris at least 8 years probably 10, time passes so fast when you reach my age. I still think I am a youngster. At least I have reached my age and can still find the energy to clamber over rocky shores in search of the good life. Although nowadays I prefer charter fishing, at least I can provide the wife with some fresh fish nearly every time I go out.

You youngsters have still to reach 62, for some of you it is a long way away !!!

I ordered a pair of Hotter Boots this morning, unfortunately they are out of stock but have promised that I will have them in about 5-6 weeks. (Must be popular) I will keep you informed.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Lunker,

How did you get on with your boots? My Hotters arrived yesterday, well ahead of the given time. They are an excellent boot but time will tell.

I will keep you informed.

Cheers

Drew

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi Drew that was quite quick considering they said 6wks, are they a good fit. Any way let us know what u think after a few trips out, thoses derris you got sound well worth the dollar 8 - 10 years old thats £5 a year for warm dry feet. Still not been to my dealer about boots been using somone else at the mo closer to home. oh did u get anything in writing about your unconditonal guarantee . Lunker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts