World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and fish2live left early on sunday morning to catch high tide.
We quickly set up our spinning rods with some floats and cast them out with ragg as bait.
While i was setting up my other rod to cast out with mackie as bait i noticed my float slowly sinking........thinking to myself that it must be weed our a small fish i left it,next minute the rod shot across the rocks it nearly ended over the edge if i didnt manage to grab it.
I started to reel in and felt that there was a good fish on the end of it,and there was a 5-6lb pollock (didnt have scales with us cause bellboy was to bring them and he called it off at the last minute cause he ask is girlfriend to marry him :clap::clap: congratulations by the way).
We started to get a fish a least every 2-3 casts with the floats the fish were mostly pollock ranging from 1lbs-6lbs (only took photos of the biggest ones).
We also had wrasse but they were only up to 1lb.
The big rods also had a few bites too but we mostly brought in doggies on them.
All in all we caught at least 40 pollock(we stopped counting when we reach 15 each),only 5 wrasse,6 doggies and mackies too(one was on the float),so it was a busy time for us.

Attachments

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres some more photos..........

Attachments

·
Registered
859 Posts
hi there very nice fish there guys i love pollock fishing just recently i have started to use the jelly worm with ball weight and had a cpl of good pollock down at greenock

but i now wanna try this port logan area but dont know the area at all so looking for some info on some easy access mark with very little climbing involved as i got a dodgy leg so can you help me out here

with directions pics info poss cheers

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
looks like cracking day sirfishalot some real nice fish bud im off there on sun.

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looks like cracking day sirfishalot some real nice fish bud im off there on sun.
hope its as good for you as it was for us mate.
we used up 200 wragg worms that day thats how we left at the back of 5pm or we would have stayed longer:fishing1:

·
Registered
561 Posts
good sesh them m8 crakin pics and report will need to try this port logan heard alot about it

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Cracking pictures and a good report. Some of those Pollock are crackers, would love to get a chance at some of them.
Well done lads, sound like a great day out

·
The Lead Legend
4,710 Posts
thats alot of rag in a session sirfishalot so it must have been great fishing

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for all the people who replied........:bye1:

·
Registered
653 Posts
well done sirfishalot..love the old logan for the wrasse and pollack...beauty of a pollack btw..looks like the mark just south of the village?..or am i miles off?..cheers

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well done sirfishalot..love the old logan for the wrasse and pollack...beauty of a pollack btw..looks like the mark just south of the village?..or am i miles off?..cheers

think your a couple of miles off mate.........not too far from mullhill(think thats what is called, too early in sunday morning)

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
crackin sesh there lads , great pics . ill need to head back there myself .

well done guys

al

·
Registered
851 Posts
Good session ther guys, its a cracking place to fish, needing to get down there again, maybe next week..." hey Al, you listening buddy...."

·
Registered
653 Posts
ok i know the spot now..we have drifted by it on the vessell..also fished a bit further up coast from the shore a few weeks back that was very good..had to navigate mysely through a chicken farm with my mate from yorkshire..wrasse and pollack galore btw...cheers

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Good session ther guys, its a cracking place to fish, needing to get down there again, maybe next week..." hey Al, you listening buddy...."
just arranging it as we speak , tuesday or wednesday , what do you think

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
just arranging it as we speak , tuesday or wednesday , what do you think

if you go mate please post what you catch.........was hoping to go next weekend(depending on work!!!!cant wait till i retire:clap::fishing1::fishing1:)

·
Specimen Hunter
3,276 Posts
Nice report and catches, looks like you had a cracking day

@bellboy why didnt you take youre wife to be, to port logan fishing ands propose there lol

@Ramcheck this is a fairly easy mark to fish from, there are bits on it you can fish from the actual pier so no climbing :fishing:

well done guys

·
Team Hardcore(Scotland)
940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 23 Posts