World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out on a charter trip on thursday aboard bessie vee from Meva.Well we arrived and set off just before 8 am and rearlised that peeweefisher and some of his mates were on board as well,it was nice to see some fellow members,we started looking for the bait but the macky were far and few between but eventually we found enough to start fishing the first wreck,we all had plenty of whiting and pout around the 1 1/2 to just over 2 lb mark but peewee pulled out the only pollack of the day and one of his m8's had a ling,after a while we moved off to another wreck with the whiting and pout showing again but after a while the conger started to show, there were a few caught but cant remember who had what,my m8 Nigel had his first, a strap of about 8lb i then had my pb conger of 15lb but later went on to better it again with one at 25lb so i was happy.Other notable fish were a conger of 44lb by colin sorry m8 i dont know your surname and one of 31lb by his young son Guy,and for a young lad he sure knew his stuff it was a pleasure to see. I must say a big thanks to dave the skipper a top bloke and very helpful.:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Went out on a charter trip on thursday aboard bessie vee from Meva.Well we arrived and set off just before 8 am and rearlised that peeweefisher and some of his mates were on board as well,it was nice to see some fellow members,we started looking for the bait but the macky were far and few between but eventually we found enough to start fishing the first wreck,we all had plenty of whiting and pout around the 1 1/2 to just over 2 lb mark but peewee pulled out the only pollack of the day and one of his m8's had a ling,after a while we moved off to another wreck with the whiting and pout showing again but after a while the conger started to show, there were a few caught but cant remember who had what,my m8 Nigel had his first, a strap of about 8lb i then had my pb conger of 15lb but later went on to better it again with one at 25lb so i was happy.Other notable fish were a conger of 44lb by colin sorry m8 i dont know your surname and one of 31lb by his young son Guy,and for a young lad he sure knew his stuff it was a pleasure to see. I must say a big thanks to dave the skipper a top bloke and very helpful.:thumbs:
Top report mate!!!!! Welldone on your conger pb!!!!! Wonder if we can dig out a heavier one from the shore for you?????:unsure::unsure::unsure::fishing: Catch up with you soon!

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Well done mart,great report.Dave always looks so happy in the pictures:roll1::roll1:.See you soon m8.:bye2:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Top report mate!!!!! Welldone on your conger pb!!!!! Wonder if we can dig out a heavier one from the shore for you?????:unsure::unsure::unsure::fishing: Catch up with you soon!
Thanks m8,i hope i can get a better one from the shore it's more fun than from a boat they seem to scrap better,but it was great to be out on the boat.i will be up country for a bit, i might even get a bit of smooth hound fishing in, but i will give you and marty a shout when i get back if that's ok:thumbs:

·
Registered
24,894 Posts
Thanks m8,i hope i can get a better one from the shore it's more fun than from a boat they seem to scrap better,but it was great to be out on the boat.i will be up country for a bit, i might even get a bit of smooth hound fishing in, but i will give you and marty a shout when i get back if that's ok:thumbs:
Sounds good mate!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts