World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a strange season for me this year. Started off well with a decent 62cm in April but then nothing really to speak of for the rest of the spring and summer. I've been out pretty much every weekend during September, mostly blanking, but it looks like the season is finally getting more consistent now.

This one came a couple of weeks ago from one of my usual marks as I drifted the FBM over a shallow shingle bar at the start of the flood.

FBM schoolie.jpg

Not long afterwards I picked up a real tiddler that was barely bigger than the lure.

A couple more blank sessions later I found time for a quick night session on Wednesday, and below is the result, taken off the top as the Komomo 90 had just splashed down. Before I had even turned the handle I felt a gentle tap-tap on the line and this was the result. Not bad for a spot so shallow that the water level was barely more than six inches deep. They were in a run of current and I could hear them breaking the surface every so often, so a speculative cast or two produced a result!

Shingle schoolie.jpg

Not particularly big, but nicely conditioned and put up a decent scrap in next to no water.

Yesterday I was invited down to visit @chassinBass's home turf. He's incredibly lucky to have access to a real gem of a mark that makes any bass angler salivate with anticipation yet spit with frustration. Long story short his guiding was on the money last night. "Just cast over towards that spot there" he says. "You might find a fish in the shadows." Well, blow me, he wasn't wrong!

BH bass.jpg

We didn't measure it but I'd guess mid 50's maybe. Fought very well and made my drag earn its keep. And taken on a Mepps too. The old ones are the best ones as they say...

Mepps.jpg

We moved round to another spot that produces on the ebb and Steve nailed another lively fish - I'll leave him to post up the pics. Big thanks Steve - that was a great night :thumbsup:.

In summary then, a mostly blank summer for me but now that autumn is here things seem to be picking up a bit. Here's hoping for a decent run into November.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Fantastic Andy the mepps caught me some great Bass a few years back brilliant lure great read.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Great report and lovely pictures!

Pleasure mate. Well done on the Bass last night and all credit to the angler, effort had it's reward! Given the amount of small stuff hanging about, I'm surprised we didn't see more in certain areas.

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Agreed. There was certainly lots of baitfish about. Hopefully that'll keep the bass around a bit longer this season.

·
Registered
8,502 Posts
Nice report Andy, Flying C's are legendary in a estuary close to me

Reactions: Andy135

·
Banned
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Joe, it's certainly been hard work this year. Hopefully we'll find a few in a couple of weeks time. Looking forward to catching up with you and John.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts