World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been given some fladen sandeel lures , they look great,,,good enought to eat,,
i have never used them before
would be gratefull for :g: any ideas on the best way to fish with these from the boat ,,best rigs etc..
cheers guys,,,,

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
gotta be long flowing trace, flurocarbon snood, a boom set up of your choose (i prefer the old french booms), a weak link to your weight, and a big f**k off wreck packed with fish underneath you.

·
The Chosen One
4,518 Posts
gotta be long flowing trace, flurocarbon snood, a boom set up of your choose (i prefer the old french booms), a weak link to your weight, and a big f**k off wreck packed with fish underneath you.
likewise as with the trace longer the better:)

·
The people's moral compass
12,846 Posts
i found a sandeel rubber lure thingy on the beach on the IOW when fishing one eve, so lifelike i thought it was real, and it took me a few seconts to realise it wasn't, even smelled of sandeel ! dunno who made it but i thought it'd be interesting to see how it worked on a long trace behind a bullet lead on slow retrieve (shore), after three days of sat on in the car, it had shrivelled to about 2" long, it started at 4" !!!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Send a PM to F1F3R he has got some great diagrams of how to rig these up. Try looking at our 'Idiots guide to pollack fishing' in the Scotland forum, that might help you as jellyworming is a tactic associated mostly with pollack, bass and coalfish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts