World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Not 100% but I think the only slip available for public use is at New Brighton. This is council controlled and you require 3rd party insurance and RYA Level 2 to launch there.

Have a look at Boatlaunch.co.uk, handy resource for slipways around the country

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi i fish the mersey all year round, you need level 2 rya and a permit from the local council if you are just fishing the winter months the gate is always open but from late march the beach patrol do police the slipway

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Not 100% but I think the only slip available for public use is at New Brighton. This is council controlled and you require 3rd party insurance and RYA Level 2 to launch there.

Have a look at Boatlaunch.co.uk, handy resource for slipways around the country

this is right , but also had that you need to show your car insurance and two passport photo,s, there are three slipways listed on permit but i would only use new brighton slip, most of permits are coverd by safewater sea school which is right by the slip, if you are in a club the price is a lot less then normal

http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/Companies/Safe-Water-Training-Sea-School

hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nip into Safewater sea school, at New Brighton. ask for Brian . He's yer man , I'll be doin' likewise next week . He can sort you out with a permit for the slip nearby and maybe some mark advice too . He knows the crack in the area for sure .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.