World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new to merseyside area...anyone know best place to launch boat ? and what regulations i need to know about for the River Mersey ? ...plus where are good places to start my fishing experiences on the Mersey ? ..... :confused:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Hi Mate I've trawled through masses of sites and can't find anything, best bet is to contact one of the local sea angling clubs they might be able to help.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Not 100% but I think the only slip available for public use is at New Brighton. This is council controlled and you require 3rd party insurance and RYA Level 2 to launch there.

Have a look at Boatlaunch.co.uk, handy resource for slipways around the country

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi i fish the mersey all year round, you need level 2 rya and a permit from the local council if you are just fishing the winter months the gate is always open but from late march the beach patrol do police the slipway

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Chris and all in thread,

Just replying to the RYA level 2 for permit? Is this Power? or does it go for Sail too???
As for the Insurance i think everyone should have it anyway?

Richie

·
Registered
368 Posts
hi i fish the mersey all year round, you need level 2 rya and a permit from the local council if you are just fishing the winter months the gate is always open but from late march the beach patrol do police the slipway
Yep what he said.
nevetsnameloc you have a p.m

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Not 100% but I think the only slip available for public use is at New Brighton. This is council controlled and you require 3rd party insurance and RYA Level 2 to launch there.

Have a look at Boatlaunch.co.uk, handy resource for slipways around the country

this is right , but also had that you need to show your car insurance and two passport photo,s, there are three slipways listed on permit but i would only use new brighton slip, most of permits are coverd by safewater sea school which is right by the slip, if you are in a club the price is a lot less then normal

http://www.hotfroguk.co.uk/Companies/Safe-Water-Training-Sea-School

hope this helps

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nip into Safewater sea school, at New Brighton. ask for Brian . He's yer man , I'll be doin' likewise next week . He can sort you out with a permit for the slip nearby and maybe some mark advice too . He knows the crack in the area for sure .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts