World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
launched from afan about 3 o clock passing another boat the lads shout over rough as hell out there lads :giveup: we decide to steam over to langford mph1954 decided it would be a bit flater over there, after 25 minutes of being bounced about and being well up in the air, we arrive there only to find its worse:giveup: a quick board meeting decided that we'd head back to port talbot for some shelter , going back was worse couldent get over 8 knotts. finally got fishing about 4.30pm was straight in to the doggies and whiting, mph1954 was having great fun again on light tackle with the dogs, i was using a 2 hook flapper plain 3oz lead dropping over the side and letting it roll about when the rod bent over and stayed there first thought was a double shot of doggies but this was a diffrant fight, i was well chuffed when my first ever conger came to the surface got it in the boat where it got ooff the hook and me trying to catch for a photo after a few minutes of laughter i finally get hold of it mph1954 gets the photo and it back to fight another day i was well happy, was amazed how strong and powerful they are:) :) 7pm we headed back to recover the boat, and the day was recorded as a succes :)

results mph1954 3 whiting lost count of the dogs

wilba 5lb conger 6 whiting lost count of the dogs

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
done a bit better than me day and night down dorset/chesil way.congratulations on your first conger mate:clap3: :)

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
I know that you can pay £55 per yr for membership, but I think you can pay a daily launch fee, you used to be able to, check it out Wilba they may have changed the rules, but it doesn't make sense to turn away money?;)
blueskip

·
The Bean Counter
44,166 Posts
Well done of the conger, done without the aid of green trousers as well.:clap3: :clap3: :clap3:

·
Severn Area Rescue
12,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that you can pay £55 per yr for membership, but I think you can pay a daily launch fee, you used to be able to, check it out Wilba they may have changed the rules, but it doesn't make sense to turn away money?;)
blueskip

will do skip but the only reason i say no, is that the last few times we been there its all been locked up, so no key no launch :g: :g:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts