1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
There is a good safety lesson in that vid.......Dinna start the engine with a bloke standing beside it :doh:

Also, whats the point in using the lazy line when you have a winch?

G

·
The whole video was all a bit strange and didn't show any genuinely good launching practise or new ideas to try.
The safety side with that engine running was very interesting...

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
yes use the lazey line stand at the centre of the boat about knee deep as the boat rolls of you just take the weight with the rope as it passes you
that looked like a back breaker or finger snapper to me (god bless you tube) or is that the TUBES :crazy:

would not start my engine unless i was on the boat :hammer::hammer:

could use that for our clubs beach craft of how not to do it :boat:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I would bet a tenner the first time they launched their boat of the side of a slip way they bl**dy sh1t them selves.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
i would have liked to see the retrieve !!!
I wouldnt!!nearly as bad as watching welsh warrior,launch his boat into 1inch of water at weymouth!!hows your gel coat dorian!!LOL

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
This promotional video is probably well intended, and set to demonstrate how versatile the Warrior 165 is for launch and retrieve. Not the best example though in my opinion. :thumbdown At times it is more akin to the Lloyds drop test for boats!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
This promotional video is probably well intended, and set to demonstrate how versatile the Warrior 165 is for launch and retrieve. Not the best example though in my opinion. :thumbdown At times it is more akin to the Lloyds drop test for boats!
Drop test!!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Drop test!!
Yes thats right --- Drop Test. The LLoyds insurance register call it that (I'm not sure if its a common term though), it's used to prove the integrity and strength required on e.g. offshore rescue craft on Oil Rigs and the like. I understand other boats are tested in the same way. They drop boats from a set height (depending on the type of craft) and they must survive without damage and then certificate them accordingly. Thats how I basically understand it. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong no doubt.

·
Registered
4,053 Posts
Yes thats right --- Drop Test. The LLoyds insurance register call it that (I'm not sure if its a common term though), it's used to prove the integrity and strength required on e.g. offshore rescue craft on Oil Rigs and the like. I understand other boats are tested in the same way. They drop boats from a set height (depending on the type of craft) and they must survive without damage and then certificate them accordingly. Thats how I basically understand it. Somebody will correct me if I am wrong no doubt.
I done a droptest on my old 160!!undone the winch,then decided to pull forward fast!boat just flew off onto tarmac!

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
the gel coat is not damaged john!!! bot the 165s got out that day ok thought!!!

·
Registered
4,053 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would bet a tenner the first time they launched their boat of the side of a slip way they bl**dy sh1t them selves.
I think so too!. The reason I'm asking is that there is an almost identical shallow jetty at Taynuilt on Loch Etive. At high water, the end of the jetty gets covered and it would certainly be an easier launch than the existing arrangement.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I think so too!. The reason I'm asking is that there is an almost identical shallow jetty at Taynuilt on Loch Etive. At high water, the end of the jetty gets covered and it would certainly be an easier launch than the existing arrangement.
go on gordon, it's easy, did you see the pics of me and the boy blunder at dunbar a while back??

would have loved someone to have videoed the look on my face as the boat shot off the trailer at 100mph....:laugh:

you should have seen us winching it back on....:showoff::crazy:

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Has he broken anything this week?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts