World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
parked at church

instead of heading towards ranny I dropped straight down path by cars onto beach

there is an old sewer pipe leading out to sea here and what looks like ledges and rough ground

any good here ?

high or low ?

further round point is st marys well bay I think ?

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
yr pretty much correct Paul. sewer pipe has been cut off for yrs though apparently, and apparently the fishing has has taken a nosedive since :(

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
I'd fish it low water, the great big ledge in front is ok, watch for the rip it runs well on the bigger tides. I gather it can produce codling in the winter (if they are there) and some tidy eels. Rotten bottoms a must though

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
hi mate it can be good you can get mullet from bottem water up, (neap tides better) plenty of strap conger around low water and high in front of that sewer pipe again neap tides best there are also some good bass around the area and codling in the winter. ive also had a spotted ray on a small tide as theres some slightly cleaner ground with some coral to your 1 oclock if ur fishing straight out from the sewer pipe

·
Insane Poster
2,852 Posts
yeah bud', it can be a proper tackle graveyard at the point,, but like george said, it does produce some tidy fish from time to time, including bass, congers and codling..

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers guys, a great help

I did notice a lot of coral over to the right on the low tide today

but it looked quite shallow so I think I will hit in on a low water neap as there will be more water and as you say with the rip there on a normal or big low water , it would be a nightmare

should imagine a few doggies from here too as its quite flat in bits

I also walked up to my left along the cliff path and dropped down the "ski slope " onto ranny

I intend to fish straight out at low here, again on a smaller tide

loads of weed at high water area but at low it was more small boulders and pebbles

fella wa sfishing further along on the " red ledges " as rockling called em, he said he had a few pouting today but had a big conger last week , said a lot fish it on high but he fishes low

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
the bay to the right, leading to st marys is a favorite mark of mine, i like to fish it in october at low water with a fixed spool with lots of line on it, chuck out a couple of whole unwashed squid, or a large mackerel, just walk back and back, my best bass here is around 8lb, although i did pick up the tip from anglers who i know have had many bass in double figures.
also a good mark later in the year is the little beach under the caravan park, if you look at it at low water, you will see rocky weed clad gulleys running straight down to the sea, make a mark in the cliff and fish out between the gulleys, at around 60/80 yards the sand is 15 metres wide.
good for bass around 5lb on a regular basis, try lots of lug with a squid flag on the end.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts