World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did try, Honest!

Six rods out, rag, peeler, mackeral and squid, fishing from about seven till midnight in a breezy easterly caught us
one bass (just in size) a small pollock, (my only fish of the night) and also my only bite and a pout.
Chris had the bass and pout, me the Pollock and lawrance nothing!!!!! hehe

Cheerzz
john

·
Registered
158 Posts
John
did you lose much gear mate,I normally fish direclty below the carpark at Bonchurch,it looks as plugging might score there in the summer and Autumn,another venue Ive always fancied giving a go but never got around to,plugging that is,whereabouts did you guys fish?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi mate,
we fished to the left, just before the last house which is around the point (can't be seen from bonchurch front) yes I did lose gear but that's not a problem for me as I always fish the rocks in those sort of places and expect to lose gear.
I did try some new line out and it was breaking to easy when snagged (bl---dy rubbish)
Normally I have some special gear for fishing in rocky areas and don't lose too much and yes it would be a very good place for plugging as there are plenty of bass around that way.
Did hear that a 2-3 lb plaice was caught off Ryde weekend so maybe at last they are coming our way, don't know if any Painted are being caught at Bonchurch yet though
good luck
john

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers m8, yep they sure are, this weekend I hope, down at chale?????

john

1 - 6 of 6 Posts