World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To save baiting up cocktails on freezing nights, shell mussel,limpetsand clams into an icecream tub,add your burst lug and rag,anything you use as bait,squirt in a good spray of wd40 and mix together,now take mackrel fillets and add to the marinade leave for 24hrs and the fish will take on the scent of everything else,cut into hook size piecies ,bind with elastic and cast out its natural and works well,use the juice to form a good oil slick when you go fishing.....tight lines:)

·
Accepts cakes as bribes.
12,213 Posts
We too have been making up what we affectionately term a "Gunge Bucket" (No relation to Sally) where leftover bait, fish carcasses etc get whizzed up in a blender and frozen in ice cream buckets for use as "Chum" when float fishing off pier/breakwaters.

Not used any yet so can't comment on it's effectiveness, but can't do any harm. :)

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Same thing can be used in a feeder when beachcasting or in a Hiro bait cage or a 'the Edge' bait dropper when fishing off the boat. I used grounbaiting last year and had limited success with it. Willing to give it more of a go this year though and see how effective it is.

·
Registered
7,863 Posts
Been doing the same - putting it all through an old mincer and freezing it in tubs after soaking in Lidls cheapo cooking oil for a bit. Plan to mix it with breadcrumbs and use as feed from jetties etc when I'm after fish on the float :)

Cheers - John

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
To save baiting up cocktails on freezing nights, shell mussel,limpetsand clams into an icecream tub,add your burst lug and rag,anything you use as bait,squirt in a good spray of wd40 and mix together,now take mackrel fillets and add to the marinade leave for 24hrs and the fish will take on the scent of everything else,cut into hook size piecies ,bind with elastic and cast out its natural and works well,use the juice to form a good oil slick when you go fishing.....tight lines:)
i used 2 just bait my cocktails on the hooksnoods & freeze them, then just take them in a wide mouth flask, take 1 out, tie it on still frozen & out it goes:)
saves baiting up when its down to -6. & u loose none of the juices.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts