World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Orford Island for a nice day and a night fish with some friends, all i can say is YOU LAZY SO AND SO's we picked up 2 black bin bags of your rubbish you left behind,wot is the matter with some people you will kill the area and lets hope the National Trust keep letting us use the place so come on people lets all pull together.

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
Good for you! However IF you know who left the rubbish send them your collection, COD, saying, "Orford Island doesn't want it EITHER!" Otherwise let us all know who they were.

I am contemplating a holiday in May based at Orford (last year's week at Aldeburgh was poor!) and have read about the ferry that operates from the quay. If I carried my own boat down there would I be allowed to ferry myself out to the island or does the NT control all access? Rumour has it that Cod are being caught in the river. Is this true? Where and how do you fish the river/estuary from the shore?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry its taken a few days to reply but been away working not to sure about own boat but on the quay is a office with a price list for the ramp, ferry is only £8 but go as light as you can the shingle is a killer, a couple of fishers was doing the river and said it was o.k hope this helps p.s in Orford village next to the pub are some holiday cottages.

·
King of Kings
16,043 Posts
i went to aberfraw in angelsey last sunday to help a local group to pickup rubbish and in two hours we picked up 20 bags, so please take your rubbish home with u and not in bins, beacause rubbish can blow out of bins.shaggy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts