World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mastered the twist but what knot do i use to join shock leader to the loop???
Thanks in advance.... Chris

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Not quit sure what you need the bimini twist for:g:
What you doing with it, beach or boat fishing?
Is it in braid or mono?
I know what one is and i can tie one in the wink of an eye, but have never found much use for it.
Have tied it in the past in braid to form a double line then tied on a mono leader using an albright knot, but you can just use the line double without the bimini.
Also used it in braid to tie on swivels.

Alan

·
Registered
830 Posts
Gives you superior leader knot strength. Most of my fishing is in sea lochs which nearly all have ledges to drag fish over; the bimini (and the African knot I now use instead) give a far better knot strength than standard leader knots. I very rarely lose tackle form snags whilst anglers aroung me lose frequently; funny how they soldier with their knots while I told them on several occasions to adapt and use stronger knots.

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
Pass the leader through the loop, then wrap it around both legs 3 times, then go back out through the loopTHE OPOSITE WAY AS YOU WENT IN., that forms a small jam, plenty of saliva on it, then work the whole lot tight. Trim the tabs to about 5mm, then after a couple of casts trim them to about 1mm as the knot will have settled then .
Hope this helps, JonC

·
Banned
3,440 Posts
the waekest point of your line is the lainline point of the leader knot, by doubling this line up with a bimini it is by far improving the weakest link.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts