World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get hold of Leather finger guard for fixed spool casting outfit,in Tyneside area,or source can buy from.Have tried local chemist stores big and small with no stock or any ideas where to get one.

Have Girlfriend who has been having my life to come along and fish,ideal start to future partnership.So we take her serious,teach her to cast and no messing about.

Gave her my back up summer flattie outfit,Century SRE and Diawa 7000T,was this wise I wonder,:g: think its perfect for Lady angler,I hope ??? suggestions,ideas welcome,so last piece in puzzle is finger protection.Know you can use cut off gloves etc but do it right and no incidents with cut fingers is the game.

So help here is needed from all you casting guys sure you will know best.

regards Davey.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
mustard make one
but i used a lether finger stall from supper drug.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
you could also look at breakaway,s connon for fixed spool

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
yes - the Breakaway cannon is good, especially for a beginner who may feel nervous with the leader over her finger, even with a leather stall.

just be aware that you have to mount it so the line from the cannon down to the spool is "vertical" (at right angles to the rod or parallel to the reel stem) to work properly (and that probably means taping the cannon over - or not very far forward of - the front end of the reel foot)

and make sure it's their "Cannon" and not the Breakaway "Thumbutton" which releases with a loud sound and a bit of a jerk.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts