World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Arrived at lee in front of the arcade.targets were thornbacks.big sandeel baits at distance.had one bite missed.changed tactics on 1 rod sandeel but on size ones had one whiting decided that I would move to kicker.arrived at the point about midnight.fished both rods with sandeel again little taps from whiting none hooked.thinking of calling it a night. then all a sudden the line goes very slack reeled in 3 yards of line. Bang the rod starts going thinking it's something decent gets it with 10 yards of the surf by this time the fish is fighting see the fish in the surf it's the target species a ray.a spotted ray weighed 5lb 2oz.weighed and returned.just to add there was no weed even though it was high water on a spring.

Attachments

·
Registered
884 Posts
Well done on hooking the ray,
can never be botherd to pack up all the gear and move somewhere else. myself, especially in the dark!!!.
GREAT EFFORT, AND WELL DESERVED.

·
Registered
21,133 Posts
Arrived at lee in front of the arcade.targets were thornbacks.big sandeel baits at distance.had one bite missed.changed tactics on 1 rod sandeel but on size ones had one whiting decided that I would move to kicker.arrived at the point about midnight.fished both rods with sandeel again little taps from whiting none hooked.thinking of calling it a night. then all a sudden the line goes very slack reeled in 3 yards of line. Bang the rod starts going thinking it's something decent gets it with 10 yards of the surf by this time the fish is fighting see the fish in the surf it's the target species a ray.a spotted ray weighed 5lb 2oz.weighed and returned.just to add there was no weed even though it was high water on a spring.
:clap3: 5lb 2oz, that's a BIG spotted ray for this area, congratulations on a nice fish, pity the pix aren't a bit clearer. :clap3:

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gilkicker point is a deep venue with strong tides.i was very surprised it was fishable on a spring over high water. had the ray on a 3/0 pulley rig.sorry about the pics i took them on an iphone just had cover put on and its affected the pics big time,very annoying.im taking it off now and going with an easy to remove one.i just wanted to return the fish asap.a few more pics. IMG_0230.jpg IMG_0243.jpg IMG_0247.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
Well done mate, plenty of them about. Send me a PM if you wanna come with me sometime in the week, we have found another spot where there are plenty of rays if you want more :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts