World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
RNLI Fundraiser and Legend
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AND SIGNED RNLI SIGNED BY FAMOUS FISHERMEN HAS GONE UP FOR AUCTION IN CLASSIFIED.THESE RODS ARE CUSTOM BUILT BY STAN OF ALBA RODS AND ONLY ONE OF THERE KIND :1a:THE AUCTION WILL RUN UNTIL THE 1ST SEPTEMBER AND ALL MONEY RAISED PLUS LEE WOOD GG MEET AT LLANGENITH WILL BE DONATED TO THE MUMBLES TAMAR APPEAL.http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=1568
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=1567
http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/vbclassified.php?do=ad&id=1569

·
Registered
784 Posts
the ball has started to roll:1a:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Steve .. this is superb ... bids placed, even if I was outbid on one of the rods :)

cmon all ... get em in .. there will be many, many photo opportunities in the future posing with fish caught on the Lee Wood rod ...

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
But the OAP wont run to it I'm afraid, but I will be supporting the meet & buying raffle tickets, (trying to win a wooden clock with secondhand batteries):roll1: I hope they raise a lot of money Steve, very best of luck with the auction!:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
But the OAP wont run to it I'm afraid, but I will be supporting the meet & buying raffle tickets, (trying to win a wooden clock with secondhand batteries):roll1: I hope they raise a lot of money Steve, very best of luck with the auction!:clap::clap::clap:
Whats the story about Lee Wood?

Did he lose his life while fishing?

I`m fairly new to the site, and hope i dont offend or upset anyone by asking.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Cabin Boy ... don’t worry about asking if your not sure ask, I've never met Steve in real life and its the same for many others on these forums, but like many of the others on here, Steve’s commitment to the memory of his son and his dedicated work to the RNLI can cut deep, this auction is just one of the many ways anyone can just “get involved” .. PS .. Don’t forget to bid :)

Tight Lines

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Cabin Boy ... don’t worry about asking if your not sure ask, I've never met Steve in real life and its the same for many others on these forums, but like many of the others on here, Steve’s commitment to the memory of his son and his dedicated work to the RNLI can cut deep, this auction is just one of the many ways anyone can just “get involved” .. PS .. Don’t forget to bid :)

Tight Lines
I`ll certainly bid, i got tears streaming down my face after reading that.

·
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I`ll certainly bid, i got tears streaming down my face after reading that.
SORRY MATE I DONT MEAN TO UPSET PEEPS:group:BUT THESE THINGS HAPPEN AT SEA ID RATHER HAVE IT HARD HITTING IN A WAY JUST TO LET PEEPS KNOW ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN OUT THERE:hug:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
SORRY MATE I DONT MEAN TO UPSET PEEPS:group:BUT THESE THINGS HAPPEN AT SEA ID RATHER HAVE IT HARD HITTING IN A WAY JUST TO LET PEEPS KNOW ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN OUT THERE:hug:
Your an amazing man Steve, before i knew of this, i was thinking of attending the llangenith meet weather permitting.
Now i know the story, i`ll be there whatever the weather..

·
15,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Your an amazing man Steve, before i knew of this, i was thinking of attending the llangenith meet weather permitting.
Now i know the story, i`ll be there whatever the weather..
WILL BE A HONOUR TO MEET YOU MATE:notworthyTHERE ARE ALOT OF LADS COMING FROM RCT:victory:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hi cabinboy welcome to the forum. I have meet Mr Woods once before I knew about his son, nice chap. There is a link somewhere that says about what happened, enough to make a grown man cry. I admire his courage and effort to raise money for the unsung heroes who are always there for us.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hi cabinboy welcome to the forum. I have meet Mr Woods once before I knew about his son, nice chap. There is a link somewhere that says about what happened, enough to make a grown man cry. I admire his courage and effort to raise money for the unsung heroes who are always there for us.
I read the link mate, Tragic..

I admired Steve for his sterling work for the RNLI before, he`ll get my support even more now.
Reading it hit home about safety at sea too, i go fishing on a rib, sometimes my son comes with me.I`ve got a new respect for the sea today.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
If steves story goes and saves only 1 life i reckon it will be all worthwhile.
What steve has done and is continuing to do for the RNLI is an inspration to us all.
Steve and I didnt see eye to eye in the early days, to a point we never replied to each others postings etc, Steve being a bigger man than i , decided on new years day 2years ago (i think) to bury the hatchet and speak to me, and i am honoured by that fact, and glad that i met him and spoke in person.
Sorry to waffle on but although i cannot afford to place a bid on the rods i will endevour to attend one of the meets and buy some raffles and donate some extra cash towards the worthy cause. Well done steve,:clap:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts