World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Considering one of the above rods for fishing the holderness coast area. Question is does the mk3 version come with reel seat and coasters or just coasters as I'll be using it with a fixed spool reel

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
I’ve got all the MKIII’s the ones without Elite on them that have the seaguides instead of the Fuji and mine came with coasters alone. I’ve swapped for a sliding reel seat.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I’ve got all the MKIII’s the ones without Elite on them that have the seaguides instead of the Fuji and mine came with coasters alone. I’ve swapped for a sliding reel seat.
How do you find them? Any signs of them snapping where the tip splices in (is the tip even glass?)

I started a different thread wondering what was actually elite about the Elites but I'm also curious as to what changed with the mk iii.

·
Registered
4,672 Posts
How do you find them? Any signs of them snapping where the tip splices in (is the tip even glass?)

I started a different thread wondering what was actually elite about the Elites but I'm also curious as to what changed with the mk iii.
From what I understand the mkIII hasn’t got that spliced in tip and the guides are different. I’m led to believe that much of the rest of the rod is the same only that they got rid of the tip issues.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the mk3 elite power and it hasnt let me down to date from clean, mixed and rough ground. It should come with both coasters and a sliding reel seat

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
This thread is a bit confusing, the M-Sport mk3's don't have "elite" in there name, that's the Mk2's, but getting the gist of it, i believe the OP is asking about the Mk3's, correct me if i am wrong. Answering the question, the Mk3's come with coasters only.

Ian.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This thread is a bit confusing, the M-Sport mk3's don't have "elite" in there name, that's the Mk2's, but getting the gist of it, i believe the OP is asking about the Mk3's, correct me if i am wrong. Answering the question, the Mk3's come with coasters only.

Ian.
View attachment 1355530
Now I am confused, I only bought my m sports about 6 months ago and the only ones available from Leeda to be ordered in were sold to me as the MK3 were the Elite?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Think it goe's like this mk1 the Icon with built in butt reducer, mk2 the first Icon M sport with the dodgy guides, then the Icon Elites with glass tips (not classed as M sports ?), then the mk3 Carbon rods, or they may well ignore the first one and start with the M sport with the dodgy guides and include the Elites as mk2's !

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
M-Sport Elites.

Ian.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts