World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking on getting a pair of these rods, I like the fact that they have glass tips for the sensitivity. I've heard that glass tips are not good for pendulum casting. Just wondering if anyone has pendulum casted with these rods, thanks in advance. Tight lines

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Cheers mate, you'd assume that they are able to pendulum considering they are "elite"
I 100% would mate. The old m-sport powers handled it. And i abused those rods. Still have my ultra’s but they are redundant now. So sitting around collecting dust lol. Have my m-sport powers to my dad. I do prefer the older spec icon’s. they. Have longer shrink wrap and look smarter in my opinion. They are animals.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I 100% would mate. The old m-sport powers handled it. And i abused those rods. Still have my ultra’s but they are redundant now. So sitting around collecting dust lol. Have my m-sport powers to my dad. I do prefer the older spec icon’s. they. Have longer shrink wrap and look smarter in my opinion. They are animals.
I like the look of the new ones because if their glass tips, my mate has the original icons and they are a bit pokey imo

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I like the look of the new ones because if their glass tips, my mate has the original icons and they are a bit pokey imo
The powers are incredible. Probably a better general fishing rod. If i had to pick 1, i would get the older powers. The bite indication is amazing, and casts easier and as far as a ultra. Not trying to put you off, as i expect the new ones are just as good, and have the kwag guides i believe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The powers are incredible. Probably a better general fishing rod. If i had to pick 1, i would get the older powers. The bite indication is amazing, and casts easier and as far as a ultra. Not trying to put you off, as i expect the new ones are just as good, and have the kwag guides i believe.
They are also cheaper, I'll have a feel of them again next time I'm in the tackle shop. Cheers for replying mate

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have had a pair of the Elite powers since they came out, really good rods, pendulum casts fine, use mine in local estuaries for rays etc tips are great, first I've heard of any tips snapping though, but all manufacturers can suffer this, no exceptions, it's how they deal with it after ! Had the original powers (m sports mk2"s) and the match versions, these powers are a lot better,
As a footnote, have use leeda customer support through polar stu , was first class

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Keep with the eyes until they get damaged. Had mine for years and still not damaged them.

Then get kwags. I love them on my Centurys.
Yeah I will, there's a lad local to me who does full eye conversion. He does custom whipping, also adds the Welsh flag

·
Registered
8,864 Posts
Yeah I will, there's a lad local to me who does full eye conversion. He does custom whipping, also adds the Welsh flag

Don't it make the rod heavy and hard to cast if adds the Welsh Flag to the rod?:eek::laugh: mind suppose can use flag pole as a rod rest?:tongue::tongue2::whistling:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts