World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all ,well i fished both these marks on saturday from about 1.00clock till 9. 30 i started fishing first from the shore at the barges on loch ryan, as usuall i baited up two rods using a pulley pennel rig on both, baits were worm razor and squid the first hours were very slow but it did pick up as the day went in. i got a couple of small flatties and 3 doggies also missed a few bites, it was very cold and windy so i decided to try leffnol beach right next to the ferry terminal, so same tactics as the barges out went both rods missed a few bites to start with but managed to land another 5 doggies from there, any time ive fished this mark ive only caught doggies,still its good sport and i enjoyed the day, hope to get out again before the weekend down that way somewhere cheers tommy.:secret:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Well done Tommy, at least you got out and caught. Next month should see an improvement in the loch, at least I hope so, as have booked a day out on Orca. My mate is down at Ardwell just now, and tells me that Port Logan is full of coalfish at the moment, some quite decent at about 2 1/2 lb. Still to hear of plaice being taken though apparently some good ones have came from the Cumbrian shore recently.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Good report Tommy,i've fished the area around the barges about five times this year and caught nowt,so it's nice to hear of some fish about.

·
Hardcore Poster
1,575 Posts
Nice one Tommy - glad you had some decent fishing :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts