World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a fixed spool but want a multiplier, my mate has a Penn 525 gs, the thing is when using my fixed spool I hold the rod right hand and retrieve with my left.

I have tried to use his multiplier but winding in with the right hand(even though I am right handed!!) feels strange.

can I get these penn reels or the sloshs in a left hand wind version, do any othe ranglers have this problem?

·
Registered
354 Posts
bluebeardi have a contact number for u :)

penn services spares and repers
mike simmons tel: 01386 552949

if u talk to hime he can give u eny information u wont about penn and left hand convershens
hope that helps

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hi mate,
You would be suprised at how quickly you get used to using your other hand. I used to use a fixed spool, and infact still do for float fishing and light spinning but it feels like the most natural thing in the world when i switch to a multiplier.
I just think you should give 'normal' multipliers more of a chance before you limit your choices to just those available in left hand versions or incur the higher price these can sometimes cost.

Good luck whatever you choose. :)

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I use left hand wind fixed spool reels and right hand wind multipliers. It feels very natural to switch from one to the other with ease - even when using both on the same session.

I would definately persevere with the right hand wind models, it will make future purchases easier.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Bluebeard

Wierd as it seems but my brother and I both right handed he prefers holding rod in left hand and reeling in I'm vice the versa. However this good in a way our Line Backer rods sit on the tripod nice

Woodster

·
Registered
851 Posts
I always assumed they were made for lefthanded anglers. Hence there were so few models, as only 1 in 10 people are lefthanded.

Although i could be wrong. :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts