World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With a few baits left over from yesterday mornings session and the approaching rough weather, I decided to use them up by going out for HW last night and feeding the woofs for a couple of hours.

As I drove into the car park around 6:30pm there were around eight anglers who all seamed to be heading for the middle of the beach, ( not sure if it was a comp or something ) so I headed to the far left towards the point.
Again there were a few anglers already there so I set up on the end.

Two pulleys with pennel's and the left overs were soon in the water and as expected the woofs wee soon on them. With it being a large tide the right to left rip was quite strong so at least they were putting a bit of a ben in the rods.
As the tide reached HW around 8:30pm the chap to my right brought in a ray.
With high water the tide slacken and the woofs seamed to easy off.
The tide rip started to push hard again and the woofs returned ..
Out went a fresh bait and almost immediately the rod arched and pulled hard........................ Definitely not a woof this time !!

After a good fight my reward was beached..................... 10lb 6oz of blonde .

IMG_2384.JPG

So for me, using up some left over bait was definitely a good move.... two sessions two blondes

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
And rats kept nicking my bait from my bait board, one ran off with a whole mackerel then five minutes later came back for a whole squid, it was more entertaining than the fishing !

·
Premium Member
9,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well done Notso, credit to your presentation and keeping those left overs in good condition.
Cheers buddy. It's all about making them still frozen and keeping them as near frozen as you can till you actually use them. The ones I had left over from the morning were still firm ( so no juices lost ) when I put them back in the freezer.
I know some people frown at making them at home and hooking them on still frozen.....
but like the saying goes " it works for me " .

Reactions: nash

·
Registered
9,082 Posts
With a few baits left over from yesterday mornings session and the approaching rough weather, I decided to use them up by going out for HW last night and feeding the woofs for a couple of hours.

As I drove into the car park around 6:30pm there were around eight anglers who all seamed to be heading for the middle of the beach, ( not sure if it was a comp or something ) so I headed to the far left towards the point.
Again there were a few anglers already there so I set up on the end.

Two pulleys with pennel's and the left overs were soon in the water and as expected the woofs wee soon on them. With it being a large tide the right to left rip was quite strong so at least they were putting a bit of a ben in the rods.
As the tide reached HW around 8:30pm the chap to my right brought in a ray.
With high water the tide slacken and the woofs seamed to easy off.
The tide rip started to push hard again and the woofs returned ..
Out went a fresh bait and almost immediately the rod arched and pulled hard........................ Definitely not a woof this time !!

After a good fight my reward was beached..................... 10lb 6oz of blonde .

View attachment 1123607

So for me, using up some left over bait was definitely a good move.... two sessions two blondes

well m8 ....

·
Team Loonz
8,189 Posts
Well done again Keith...you are the Knap king.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts