World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got down to the deep water mark for 1900hrs last night. Got smashed by the pout from the start, then the tings moved in. Last three fish were bass biggest being 1.5lb do back they went. Finished off with 10 pout 3 tings and 3 bass all taken on rag.

Mulletman saw u banging a few fish out what did u end up with?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah tried live baiting as it felt very bassy that evening but nothing in 2 hours so switched back to the 1 up on down up and over rig.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I've had more sucess using te live bait rig then smashing it out as far as I can as opposed to the close in! But the other way round before Xmas! It's strange everytime I go down I catch on different techniques and casting distances seems like there is no golden rule!! Does make it interesting though!

I'm going down Saturday see if any rays turn up!!!?? (Still think there's a cod about though!)

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
I've had more sucess using te live bait rig then smashing it out as far as I can as opposed to the close in! But the other way round before Xmas! It's strange everytime I go down I catch on different techniques and casting distances seems like there is no golden rule!! Does make it interesting though!

I'm going down Saturday see if any rays turn up!!!?? (Still think there's a cod about though!)
Might also be heading down with Gus!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looking good so far that wind should drop off perfectly for high!!

Well done on the fish mullet man wish I could have gone bit spent most of the day sortin. A new motor out!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Good luck mate I'm on house and children duty tonight!!

Should be perfect for a few bass

just been down hurst crazy down there!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts