World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a call from Berus aka Mark the other day for a nights fishing we where going to Fish Hythe Reclaimed land but at the last minute decided to fish Lepe so we drove down th Lepe to Find it was packed soild for the fireworks and flyby the car parks and roadside was chaos so we finally got parked and decided to wait till the fireworks so we could park in a more reasonable location and then get fishing after watching the opening ceremony for the Olympics that morning i was a little let down by the cowes Fireworks
after they had finished and the very nice lifeguards had offered us the last of their just cooked burgers and sausages because they'd only go to waste most of the people had cleared off and grabbed our gear and went for a long walk up to the point got there about 11ish got set up and cast out after about an a hour got my first bite nice little schoolie about the 1lb mark re cast and waited and waited and waited until about quarter to 2ish and i'd just popped to Mark to nick a Roll up as i couldn't find mine anywhere and just as i had opened the pouch crash my rods jumped off the stand i run over and grab it to see the clutch screaming this fish is not impressed about the size 1 hook in the Rag worm it's just Consumed and so all i can do it hold on and hope the line holds as i try to steer it back round to me after a good 10min fight a dorsal Fin Brakes the Surface and all i can hear in my head is Der Dun Der Dun so i run straight into the water to grab what looks like a rather large Shark to me cut 1 the line so that i don't get caught up in it and lift up my prize a mean looking Smoothy which proves the point by going nuts and trying to bite me in my mind i laugh thinking you've got no teeth you can't hurt me WACK if flips and cracks me one right on the chin which i've just discovered is a beautiful little slice from just below my lip to the bottom of my chin "Bloody Karma" i hold the fish in the water while mark grabs and notice that she's a Common i can't see a spot on her beautiful my scales Zeroed i slide her into it and take the strain to register "my first Double Figure Smooth Hound and a Common at that also happens to be my biggest ever shore caught fish of 13lb 9oz :ahhh::yahoo::1a: Triple Bonus and i am very very Very Very very very Very Very Very happy

Hooked and lost another one and snapped the tip off my old carp rod but too happy to care had a grate time and even the thought of 10 hours of work tonight can't bring me down only wish i had some crab with me

and a massive thank you to Mark whom without i wouldn't have been able to go fishing or even have any bait you rule

pics will be up later once they've been emailed to me i'm off for a shower and a few hours kip and to see whats going on in the Olympics

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
that raelly makes up for the nightmare the other night.

gives us all hope well done on the fish

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Many congratulations Nic - well deserved result :clap: I hope the cut doesn't scar, but hey, it would definitely be a "badge of honour" talking point in the future :). ( a story that could be embellished as the years go by lol).

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many congratulations Nic - well deserved result :clap: I hope the cut doesn't scar, but hey, it would definitely be a "badge of honour" talking point in the future :). ( a story that could be embellished as the years go by lol).
i don't know how i could embellish a 13lb common smoothy from somewhere that itsn't Selsey or Gorring as i did want to catch a nice sized one from somewhere that wasn't and i knew i had a chance there hopefully for live fish i might get a chance at maybe one or two more already got my fresh peeler on order for it i can't wait

i don't think it'll scar it's a really fine slice but if it did it'll be joining the scar on my hand from a 34lb pike they really didn't like me

i'm still waiting for the pics to be emailed to me can't wait to see how they've come out

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sounds like you had a great evening, one that i'm sure will be embellished over the years.

Not been there for a while now. I take it the parking arrangements were a temporary thing for the fireworks, as the gate was always locked at time that was unfriendly to fisherman. Have things changed?

If so I may have to make some different arrangements to my Autumn bass programme.

Once again, nice catch!!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you had a great evening, one that i'm sure will be embellished over the years.

Not been there for a while now. I take it the parking arrangements were a temporary thing for the fireworks, as the gate was always locked at time that was unfriendly to fisherman. Have things changed?

If so I may have to make some different arrangements to my Autumn bass programme.

Once again, nice catch!!
well they still lock it up at 8:30pm but they allowed it to be open a bit later for the fireworks we parked in the bay just outside the enterance to the car park this does mean you still have to walk the entire length of the car park but i think it's worth it and will be traveling down there on friday the 29th by public transport for the live fish event anybody wants to join me let me know

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright Guys
just thought i'd give you an update i'm still waiting for the photos to be E-mailed to me :help:but in the mean time heres a pic of where she gave me a little peck on the cheek well it was more of a scot's Kiss when i was holding her up for the pic

:black_eye
you may point and laugh lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've had a word with Jay so the photos should hopefully be on the way soon. If the weather holds up ok, I'm going to do a evening/night session at Millenium Pier to see how it fishes in darkness. Was down there yesterday afternoon and got outfished by my other half - 9 to 2!

Mark

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've had a word with Jay so the photos should hopefully be on the way soon. If the weather holds up ok, I'm going to do a evening/night session at Millenium Pier to see how it fishes in darkness. Was down there yesterday afternoon and got outfished by my other half - 9 to 2!

Mark
you took your our half fishing? well you've lernt a lesson if you take the other half with you they will always outfish you if theres a big fish to catch they catch it or they catch more lol
glad you had a good time let me know how you get on with the pier at night and watch out for the nightlife

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well if you get bored tomorrow, you can come if you want. The only thing that will stop play tomorrow is if the weather is really bad. On one retrieve she had a fairly sizable fish follow the bait to almost the surface - bigger than anything I've caught! The only saving grace was I caught the biggest fish of the session! Hopefully the Shads will still be around- a couple were caught when I was there.

Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Congrats fantastic catch :clap3:

Are you sure that Smoothie hit ya.......... or is that a picture of your over enthusiastic attack on a lifeguards freebie burger :laugh:

Well Done mate!

Dutch

1 - 14 of 14 Posts