World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright guys does anyone on here fish there i've had a walk down there and i fancy a crack at it any advice would be grate
thanks

·
Registered
673 Posts
alright guys does anyone on here fish there i've had a walk down there and i fancy a crack at it any advice would be grate
thanks
Can be good on it's day,problem is the dog walkers and at times gangs of drunken idiots and their barbecues.Much more pleasant fishing in the winter to my mind.
However ,to the left of the car park ,if you walk to the old wooden structures and go just past them there is deep water that can be productive ,i have had bass ,flounders,doggies etc,or off to the right of the car park at the far end you have gypsy lane i think it is called,look for a green marker buoy and you MAY just get lucky with the odd bream or so.
Never tried fishing over the rag beds but often thought it could be worth a shot.
Dave

·
Registered
673 Posts
as Tobyace say's ,there are much better places to try really at this time of year esp.For my sins i am being dragged off to a bbq near the hayling island yacht club tomorrow,will get a line wet somehow tho ,anybody got any suggestions for the area and this time of year ,please please please.
Dave

G

·
Dave i`m new to sea fishing as you`ve probably seen me say at least 1000 times on my posts, my first decent catch came from 200 yards to the right of the sailing club as you look out to sea, a mark called Sandy Point, i fished it 2 hours up to high tide and 2 hours down until about midnight, using a 2 hook pennel with whole squid and a simple running ledger with crab or mackerel head for the bass. A beautiful spot that in my 3 visits has produced 2 bass to 5lbs and 2 smoothies and 1 starry, this is the spot which i keep banging on about be clean and a lovely place to fish, that i kept the name secret but i`m pretty sure every decent angler knows where it is, the weed dishes up a small problem but nothing to major league, i`m going down Sunday night myself with the mrs about 6ish to pick up a couple of mackerel for the monday/tuesday night session.

Sorry for the waffle but hope it helps.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Dave i`m new to sea fishing as you`ve probably seen me say at least 1000 times on my posts, my first decent catch came from 200 yards to the right of the sailing club as you look out to sea, a mark called Sandy Point, i fished it 2 hours up to high tide and 2 hours down until about midnight, using a 2 hook pennel with whole squid and a simple running ledger with crab or mackerel head for the bass. A beautiful spot that in my 3 visits has produced 2 bass to 5lbs and 2 smoothies and 1 starry, this is the spot which i keep banging on about be clean and a lovely place to fish, that i kept the name secret but i`m pretty sure every decent angler knows where it is, the weed dishes up a small problem but nothing to major league, i`m going down Sunday night myself with the mrs about 6ish to pick up a couple of mackerel for the monday/tuesday night session.

sounds great to me ,,i will be around that area somewhere at that time ,,be a whole lot better than mixing with the family of she who must be obeyed hahahahaha.
Dave

·
South Coast Forum Moderator
1,603 Posts

Certainly NOT waffle; inexperienced you may be (a bit like me TBH), but that is great info for that spot.

If you have a very good cast on you and some very fresh mackie (ie caught a few minutes before).....a wire trace (or my preference 120lb mono), you just may have a bit of 'extreme' fun there at this particular time of year!

If you do.............set the clutch light and hang on! :whistling

Good luck.

G

·
Laboured it might be mate, but at least Dave can go to Hayling with the right tackle and bait and rigs get on with it in the limited time that he has. LABOUR LABOUR LABOUR

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
At this time of year leep fishes best at first light/early morning with ragworm for the bass,a mate of mine fishes it this time every year and its not uncommon for him to leave a morning sesh with 4 bass to take home.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Lepe has been Very Very weedy for the last few weeks making it almost unfishable in general terms ,last Thurs seemed to clear slightly after high water but noticed anyone else trying to fish soon gave up after an hour or so with lumpy weed. Hope it clears a bit for your visit!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well i'm gonna give it a try hopefully friday night if i get paid see whats kicking about down there see if any smooth hound are about and see if i can up my species list if i am fishing i'll be down there from low to collect some bait then fish though till the morning when i can get a bus back back home fingers crossed tide looks good add weather might be too

also whats Calshot like by the fort?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Depending on my shifts on Fri/Sat I may be able to join you and try my new rod out. Next 2 weeks off - woohoo! So plenty of options for a little while.

Mark

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Depending on my shifts on Fri/Sat I may be able to join you and try my new rod out. Next 2 weeks off - woohoo! So plenty of options for a little while.

Mark
well let me know i'm just waiting to get paid and for a mate to pay me the money he owes me then i can get out tomorrow night as i'm working sat nigthtget in touch

whats your new rod then give me some details

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just found out what I may be doing tomorrow and it looks like a no-go for me, unless it changes.

As for the rod, it's a Daiwa Supercast 13ft(Rough Ground version), I've paired it up with a Penn Surfmaster reel. I wanted a rod that would be able to give me more casting distance and have good bite detection and after a bit of reading, the Supercast seems to fit the bill.

Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
Tried Lepe yesterday. Around the old Custom house (Black & White building on the beach) Dug some local bait and fished the incoming tide with that and Sand Eels. Blanked. Spoke to 3 other guys fishing, all blank. Not even a bite. Even the crabs didnt seem that interested.
Very Little weed around along the main beach

Didnt really matter though as it was such a beautiful day and even nicer evening.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts