World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fished lepe last night (weds) ,took with me squid ,rag, mackerel,peelers and prawns.The prawns outfished everything,not a touch on squid and rag.mackerel and peelers a few bites but the prawns ,yes tesco's own cooked shell on greenland prawns £4 a big bag .The smuts were going crazy for em ,nothing gigantic ,the best was just under seven pounds ,certainly opened my eyes to bait and purchase therof lol.
Dave

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
good stuff! I've heard live prawn & shrimp is an excellent bait but I presumed dead it would be pants, I wonder what other species would go for them, nice report, Rob........

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good stuff! I've heard live prawn & shrimp is an excellent bait but I presumed dead it would be pants, I wonder what other species would go for them, nice report, Rob........
Had bass ,bream ,pout and whiting on them before,one thing tho ,they MUST be the shell on cooked ones,Must be loaded with eggs underneath ,leave the shell on (slows the crabs up a bit) and give the head a good squeeze to release the juices first,don't forget to whip them on lightly with a bit of elastic as well.
Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts