World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
hi
not nice to be let down for anything, but taking 50 percent deposit from all the lads is a bit stiff, if the weather turns nasty will the boat owner pay the same lads half of there petrol for turning up and the boat not going to sea, it happens.
maybe taking a deposit, on the booking yes and if they do not turn up the loose it regards

·
Registered
600 Posts
Very clever Roger Smelly but anyone who has read this forum over the past few months will know what you meant, youve never been able to get over your cancelled trip which was how long ago ?? 1year 2 years ??

Surely its time for you to move on and find something else to moan about for the next coming year.

I didnt moan or mention any cancelled trip, I think you are jumping to a very wrong conclusion.

·
Registered
38 Posts
very nice.

all i did was agree with you and you send me abuse?? whats all that about then?
Seems to me as an independent observer that you have your own personal agenda which is anti whitby, and you post sly digs against a certain skipper given any opportunity. You know it, i know it, everyone doe's so why continue?. Get over it and live your life.

·
Registered
449 Posts
be nice guys or i will have to close this thread :nono: :bleh: :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
pmsl :notworthy

this isnt a dig at anyone by the way lads.just interested on the circumstances on the day.

what was the final outcome on the day then mate,did the original party get on the boat resulting in the other lads being let down or vice versa,looks like a no win situation was had on the day,:uhuh:
bit of a shame when a simple phone call was all that was needed,
however this raises another question,
did you,as the skipper not have a contact number for any of the original party incase of last minute weather problems etc :g:

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Don't bother.... we're watching :kissing:

Keep the digs and sly comments out if folks, I don't want to scythe thru the thread deleting posts and comments. On the whole the NE regional has been a relatively friendly place for the last few months, can we try and keep it that way.

Ta

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

this isnt a dig at anyone by the way lads.just interested on the circumstances on the day.

what was the final outcome on the day then mate,did the original party get on the boat resulting in the other lads being let down or vice versa,looks like a no win situation was had on the day,:uhuh:
bit of a shame when a simple phone call was all that was needed,
however this raises another question,
did you,as the skipper not have a contact number for any of the original party incase of last minute weather problems etc :g:
Colin the lads turned up next morning 3 short i had got 3 lads at very short notice so it all worked out luckyly but i wont repeat what i said to the organizer for not ringing in the night before he was full of opologises and the exuse he gave was a little far fetched but there you are i am a very resonable sort of guy all turned out ok in the end in fact chris the organizer manged a cod over 15lb he promised to ring in the night before on his next trip.

paul.

·
Registered
232 Posts

this raises another question,
It is not as straightfoward as you think :blink:

It is often the case where anglers will book and phone from a friends mobile. He will then send a cheque in a different name (ie their partners)

Anglers also book boats months in advance and then change their mobiles. It is always up to the persons booking the boat to phone the skipper - not the other way around.

Alan

1 - 20 of 22 Posts