World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what changes to the general topography off ur coastline has this crazy whether done and how would it effect that witch we love.
this for instance is my local beach,Wembury. [shot at 01h00 at full moon] sorry.it is the only time for me to venture out safely.
i am after all very consihentios off the safety off others in this emotional fishless months i am going trough.

IMG_3422-1 by henniehendrik, on Flickr

now before the storms that was all sand,now all i see is potential breading grounds.
surely long term ,this is a good thing .
Is this natures way off decluttering ,..the whole coast line will have been affected,land slides new boulders and new grounds to be explored.
Long time ago ,the same thing happened off my bit off coast,back in SA.in no less than two weeks after the storms subsided ,the NEW reef was crawling with new life.
Species we have not seen for ages in shallow ,made there appearance.the months following the aftermath,was possibly my best ever year for fishing.
Is it just possible that the same can happen here.
After all ,not so very long ago Cod to double fig.was had from this same beach,Wembury.now no longer as attractive to bathers ,but most certainly to those little critters that bigger critters feed off.

What if any changes Good or bad have u noticed.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I used to fish the estuary at Porthmadog a few years ago and was amazed how much things had changed when I went back at the end of last year. The channel that I had previously taken Bass up to 5.5lb from had moved a good 200m further out. Goodness only knows what it's like now.

I guess this is the fishing equivalent of Alzheimer's - every year you go you have to learn it from scratch all over again

Haven't been for a look yet this year :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts