World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just wondered if anyone could tell me when it's a good time to target the rays at leysdown. as I have tried in the past and failed and want to start earlier this year to try and get in with a chance of catching my first ray
Thanks

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Hi just wondered if anyone could tell me when it's a good time to target the rays at leysdown. as I have tried in the past and failed and want to start earlier this year to try and get in with a chance of catching my first ray Thanks
The sea is still unseasonally warm give it a go you might find some .

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Hi just wondered if anyone could tell me when it's a good time to target the rays at leysdown. as I have tried in the past and failed and want to start earlier this year to try and get in with a chance of catching my first ray
Thanks
i use to come over and start fishing there from the 2nd week of febuary until the 2nd week of march then i go down to sandwich for the rays i had fish but it was either 1 or 2 fish a tide not big fish most around the 7-8lb mark i only use herring for bait

·
Wind Up Merchant
5,985 Posts
I can see by the weather patterns,this year is going like last year.
They show up for a week,disappearing into deeper water,in the mean time they show a lot at sandwich, and then all of a sudden they start feeding again at Leysdown,what was unusual is that we had them all through the tide last year,unlike previous years when it's nearer the top of the tide.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Been quite a lot down sandwich already again like said not big fish about 7lb but they are there use fish baits

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the Info guys I think I'm gunna try when the winds die Down and does anyone know when the green car park opens up again as I think it's closed out of season

·
Banned
2,360 Posts
Thanks for the Info guys I think I'm gunna try when the winds die Down and does anyone know when the green car park opens up again as I think it's closed out of season
have you tried round the corner by the ramp i fish there its shallow i use to fish from the start of the flood up to 1.5 hours of the ebb but i have had friends who have had fish nearly to the bottom of the ebb easy parking 10yds from car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts