World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a look in lidl today, they had some sort of fishing sale going on. Mostly cheap stuff, starter gear etc, but one or two items that seemed good value.
I got a box set of hooks for £6.99, and I've got to say they seem pretty good quality. Tested a few different sizes and can't snap them. Has anyone on here made similar purchases, if so have you used these hooks yet? Not sure about the hooks tied to line, but theres a good selection of hooks suitable for shore fishing, I suppose even if you just used them for making mackerel lures etc they're good value
Also got some starlight-type things in a box, haven't tested these yet.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The lights are good, not sure about the hooks. There've been a few discussions on this subject already, use the search function.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
The lights are quite good for the price. My brother bought the float set: some of the floats are alright (just alright mind, nothing special) but we both agreed the hooks supplied in the float set seemed of questionable quality and decided to stick to using our own hooks. On the plus side I had 3 perch using one of the wagglers today!

I also bought one of the cheap shelters, just for freshwater fishing, don't think it would stand up to the rigours of sea fishing. The shelter seems alright just now but I don't know how long it will last :fish:

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
the lures were a good deal £3.99 for twelve plugs , hooks are easily replaced
theyre spinners hooks are welded on or at least riveted but they can be parted with a pair of snips or dremmel and again replaced

i wanted one of those sonar sets to hang off the pier but was humiliated by my oh who pointed out it would only pick up the pier itself lol

·
Registered
340 Posts
i bought one of them fish finder things - purely cos it was only £30. i think it would work from somehere like deal pier (lower deck) or similar. I dunno how effective it is as i've not tried it yet, but will do one day. i had a plan to increase the lenght of the wire by a few meters (bassturdise it!) until i saw how long 12metres actually is.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
i was gonna get 1 myself but not so much 2 find the fish, more 2 find the holes &
gully's from the rockmarks & see how deep they r:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts