World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Just wondering if there's anyone out there that wares a life jacket whilst fishing from the shore? I thought of a floatation suite but thought it would be a bit hot on the summer days and walking to marks a bit far from the car and they still aren't a ''life'' suite. I'm not a very strong swimmer and there's allways the chance i could get knocked out if i slip on the rocks. I'm just wondering what other peoples opinions are.
I look forward to hearing them.
Cheers......Pete.

·
RNLI Fundraiser and Legend
15,608 Posts
Hello all,
Just wondering if there's anyone out there that wares a life jacket whilst fishing from the shore? I thought of a floatation suite but thought it would be a bit hot on the summer days and walking to marks a bit far from the car and they still aren't a ''life'' suite. I'm not a very strong swimmer and there's allways the chance i could get knocked out if i slip on the rocks. I'm just wondering what other peoples opinions are.
I look forward to hearing them.
Cheers......Pete.
i know a good few people who wear them off the shore down south wales:victory:you dont even know you got them on:victory:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Yes particularly on marks that are obviously or potentially dangerous (Ring Bolt, The Ranges etc.) simply because accidents happen to everyone not just the other chap. However do we wear one ? Well ..... even though I've said what I did i've yet to buy one!! It's an attitude of mind, like littering even though you 'know' you shouldn't! Drowning is easy but somehow ...........

Can never happen in a flat beach? I'm off to Lowestoft tonight and a couple of years ago a member of a lifeboat team was out fishing on a big flat sandy beach. Had all his kit on his back including a fishing box, went to jump a little stream, slipped and landed facedown. His mate saw him picked up by the next wave and pulled into deeper water with the surge. The lifeboat found his gear and his body washed in much later.

So swept away wading on a surf bay on the West coast of Anglesey? I've been out in my chesties and taken one step a little too far ... oops and move back quickly. Tripped over a seaweed covered rock in the swellies and started to slide down towards the sea ... had the sense to fall on to my elbows and dig in the toes (like stopping in snow) Just realised that the last time I used my rodrest I also slipped and the rest helped to stop me falling - now just found when packing that the back leg's bent! Oops - that was only at St. Mary's!!

OK so i'm an obesse, 67 year old, and clumsy with it but this thread (and my response) will get me looking for the cheapest-best-for-purpose lifejacket on the net. OK so I would perhaps NOT have drowned but just got wet BUT WHO KNOWS?

·
Registered
14 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts