World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,236 Posts
some jumped up [email protected] of a jobsworth trying to assert their importance,though they've never done anything constructive in their useless inferior lives.time we need to take our country back under proper control steve.

·
Registered
265 Posts
what are they playing at, i'm sure if it was one of their daughters it would be a different story.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know the MCA got strict rules on rescue boats thats why lougher lifeboat had to buy a new one.it was 10yrs old .there are a couple of lifeboat lads on here that may know the MCA rules and regs

·
Registered
84 Posts
FFS, I cannot believe some of the things that i read sometime, this is absolutley disgusting, these guys go out of their way in their own time to protect the lives of (and lets be honest about this) sometimes some of the dumbest people in the country and now they are getting punished for it.

1. What were they meant to do? im sure that if they stood there worrying about health and safety and the poor girl died there would be more uproar (you just cant win)

2. Im sure that the guys involved were experienced enough to make a judgement on the sea worthyness of the craft

3. THEY SAVED A LIFE, what else matters

4. These guys should be given medals for what they do but they dont get them very often, neither do they get paid so why dont the these bureaucrats sling their hook

5. They have now removed the craft and are endangering life further (in the interests of health and safety my arse) IF ITS SUCH A PROBLEM GET THE CRAFT INSPECTED AND GET IT BACK TO THE GUYS WITH REAL JOBS

Sorry for the rant guys but these things just pi$$ me off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FFS, I cannot believe some of the things that i read sometime, this is absolutley disgusting, these guys go out of their way in their own time to protect the lives of (and lets be honest about this) sometimes some of the dumbest people in the country and now they are getting punished for it.

1. What were they meant to do? im sure that if they stood there worrying about health and safety and the poor girl died there would be more uproar (you just cant win)

2. Im sure that the guys involved were experienced enough to make a judgement on the sea worthyness of the craft

3. THEY SAVED A LIFE, what else matters

4. These guys should be given medals for what they do but they dont get them very often, neither do they get paid so why dont the these bureaucrats sling their hook

5. They have now removed the craft and are endangering life further (in the interests of health and safety my arse) IF ITS SUCH A PROBLEM GET THE CRAFT INSPECTED AND GET IT BACK TO THE GUYS WITH REAL JOBS

Sorry for the rant guys but these things just pi$$ me off.
i really enjoyed reading that rant.you are right though mate:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe that the boat in question had suffered damage to the hull and until it was passed as fit for service then it could not be used, but at the end of the day, if lives are in danger then i would use anything that would help me save a life

·
Registered
715 Posts
:black_eye:mad:its time someone took these type of interfering "jobsworth" guys and gave them a swift kick up the arris guys risk there lives to save other with no thought for there own lives i have and will always stand and congratulate these types of men who in all weathers risk there lives to save others having been aboard a burning fishing boat in the middle of a galeforce 10 storm 150 miles from land.. can i be the first to plant my size 9 boot in the collar and tie brigades arris plzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
6,477 Posts
I believe that the boat in question had suffered damage to the hull and until it was passed as fit for service then it could not be used, but at the end of the day, if lives are in danger then i would use anything that would help me save a life
fair comment but i think you will find the hull was repaired and waiting to be passed fit by the mca so why didnt the mca check her imediately after the work was carried out after all theres lives at risk here

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No wonder the locals are friggin angry! the poor crew even used 2 grand of their own money to repair the boat for christ sake.

And why oh why can they say at this stage it will take EIGHT WEEKS to be inspected, jesus come on 8 weeks is a long time.....

So I take it that if these guys had gone out and spent their OWN 2 grand on a nice little rib with a reliable engine instead of repairing that one, perfectly possible I would have thought, then the MCA would not be able to do anything if they(as civilians) decided to go an rescue someone - where is the bloody sense?:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

·
Registered
483 Posts
i am speechless. What i would like is for one of those jobsworth guys to fall off a boat. Lets see if they like that !!!!!! This is absolutely senseless. Should we stop every ambulance after each outing and check for mrsa, c diff etc etc ? something for the health and safety idiots to think about. Just think how many people they could kill for being pathetic yet again ! sorry guys, angry now, I will take a session in oxwich tonight and cool down ( as long as i dont risk my head catching fire again from leaking duracell batteries LOL).

·
Team Rig Maker
19,817 Posts
and that folks is why the gov must be kept out of the RNLI you would have gov inspectors reading a memo and running around putting padlocks and chains on everything in sight

I can understand the need for an inspection on a boat that has been repaired but 8 weeks is taking the pi$$, if the girl had drowned there would be a totally different enquiry on the go and I bet the local guys would get hauled over the coals ofr some or other reason, bottom line I take my hat of to guys for saving a life using a craft they paid to repair

·
Banned
15,040 Posts
I read this story on the front page of the Metro yesterday on way to work. Absolutely fekkin rediculous I brought the paper home so could scan in front page, but as I see, no need now.
fekkin idiots :wallbash:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts