World Sea Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am thinking about buying a light beachcaster for better sport over clean ground. Considering a Greys BZE12ft6 - anybody heard anything about them or offer alternatives?

Cheers.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I recently purchased a abu espirit bass rod. I use this for most of my fishing, over clean and mixed ground. It is a very sporting rod yet it has enough power to land a decent fish.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry, shhould have said that I already have a good Bass rod. What I am thinking of is a light beachcaster over 12 ft rated to cast 4oz. Bass rod is great but a bit underpowered for bigger baits/tides. Was recently advised Cono-Flex Source Estuary Match as an alternative. Any ideas??

·
Registered
325 Posts
Lee337

Out of curiosity, what bass rod do you have.

There was an article on the Conoflex Source in one of the mags, I can;t stop now,
but I will look later and come back to you.

Fred

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Hi Lee337,

Have a look at the Daiwa STS range.

An excellent rod and selling like hotcakes at the moment. At around £130 not too pricey for a quality rod

Cheers

Drew .

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fred,

My Bass rod is a Daiwa Supercast-X. 11ft6ins, had it for about 4 or 5 years. Great rod, light, good tip but plenty of power lower down but I feel that its a bit on the light side at times, thats why I am looking for something similar quality but slightly heavier.

That would be great Drew.

Cheers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts