World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Myself and Roamer had some good sport yesterday in the Lougher estuary. Using 8lb and 4lb line for me and light braid for Jeff on soft rods we had a pile of flats out with the biggest being 2lb and all in fat healthy condition. Baits were top quality maddies from Mainwarings and small Swansea bay blow lug. Lots of double shots and only a short quiet spell with the rest of the 4 hour session being hectic with pretty much a fish a cast for both of us. Really good fun and nice change from the BIG rods. We rushed back in time for me to go and watch the rugby down The Swan in Nottage and in hindsight i wish i had stayed ankle deep in mud catching fish, Wales were shocking!

·
Registered
9,213 Posts
Myself and Roamer had some good sport yesterday in the Lougher estuary. Using 8lb and 4lb line for me and light braid for Jeff on soft rods we had a pile of flats out with the biggest being 2lb and all in fat healthy condition. Baits were top quality maddies from Mainwarings and small Swansea bay blow lug. Lots of double shots and only a short quiet spell with the rest of the 4 hour session being hectic with pretty much a fish a cast for both of us. Really good fun and nice change from the BIG rods. We rushed back in time for me to go and watch the rugby down The Swan in Nottage and in hindsight i wish i had stayed ankle deep in mud catching fish, Wales were shocking!
Hi lads ,nice sess sorry could nt make it .....somthing different too .

·
Team Loonz
8,201 Posts
Well done guys,sounds like a good fun session,catch you soon.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jeff and Welshkev went back there again today and bagged up with a few fish over 2lbs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.