World Sea Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for a light spinning rod for Guinea-Bissau. Ideally available in UK, no longer than 7 1/2 feet, 2 piece (preferably sub 7 feet) and capable of casting up to 40grams. Emphasis is on a light rod that is fun to use on small jacks and snappers. Will be paired up with a Rarenium 4000.

I know I can probably get some exotic wonder from Tenryu, but I'd like to keep the bill to around a ton fifty(bought way too much stuff already.....), can go higher if necessary though.

I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I must admit to being fairly sceptical about travel rods (and the way I travel everything goes into the KIS case or Sportube anyway). My main concern is that they take a blank rated for X and then add a bunch of spigots which makes it way overgunned for the original purpose.

I was intrigued by the good reviews I found (although you never can tell....) but I'm going to hold this one in reserve in the hope that a nice 2 piece comes along.

By the way, I've only seen the Fox Intl name in connection with the infamous 2 speed spinner. What is the general opinion of the brand in terms of quality?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm,

Just found a Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT 7' 2 piece rated 15-42gm. Seems to have good feedback and it's a nice price too.

Anybody know the rod?

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
i have the fox permit travel spin and its an awsome rod, also jim o'donnell rates the fox rods very highly.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys,

I'm probably going to go for the Bushwhacker as it's seems to have a decent rep, fits the Sportube with my other rods and doesn't cost the earth.

Will post a report when I get back.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hmmm,

Just found a Savage Gear Bushwhacker XLNT 7' 2 piece rated 15-42gm. Seems to have good feedback and it's a nice price too.

Anybody know the rod?

Cheers

Dave
Yeah, i know it i have one!!

Its a great spinning rod, i matched mone with an exage 4000 and use it for pollocking, handles the fish no bother!

Well recomended.

Davie

G

·
ive got the ron thompson tyran salt it casts upto 4oz good for big lures and dead baiting. £45 bargain the rods 9' long

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.